Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forwarding to multiple recipients

hi,

I recieved a request from a small company as i`m not an exchange expert i hope to find an answer for their question.
    it is a small company with 7 users their running win sbs on the server
    exchange as the mailserver
    the workstations use office xp

all the users have one mailaddress ([email protected])
    what they want is this.

for example:

User 1 wants all his incoming email in his own mailbox and automaticly forwarded to user 2 and 3 .

user 2 wants his email in his own mailbox and forwarded to user 4 en 3

users 5,6,7 wanted to receive their mail in their own mailboxes and forwarded to each other and also forwarded to user 1 .

don`t ask my why they want te read each others mail but this is the question.

what is the best way to configure this whith the least amount of effort??

thanks

Marco

Re: forwarding to multiple recipients

You have a few options:

1) Tell them to look for another sucker to waste their time.

2) Use the Forward option in each user account's properties in ADUC. There you can only set up one forwarded mail recipient, so...

3) ... use distribution groups, put the right users inside, and fwd to groups and not to users.

4) Use Mailbox rights and delegates, give the right users the right kind of permissions on the other user's mailbox, instead of fwding, let them just open the other user's mbx.

5) Probably the best, use Public Folders, mail-enable them, and fwd the mail to these PF, with the proper rights for the right users to look at.

6) Use Outlook rules that'll fwd mail based upon some characteristics to the other user.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

That great don't you love what clients can come up with.

Delegates and Public folders, in my opinion, are probably the best options.
      If you use a forwarding rule, user 7 will have alot of emails, which I dont think is what they want...............or maybe they do...........
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I can see the "mail message from hell" getting forwarded around in an infinite loop!

Get them to set up their own rules or, as said, forward to Public Folders (Joes Mail) with appropriate permissions
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thank for the help i was thinking the same as daniel (about wasting time) , but as we say customers are customers and they pay the bills.

we used the solution daniel gave. using public folder ...

thanks

Comment

Good to know, thanks for sharing.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X