Exchange 2003 sending and receiving mail SLOWLY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 sending and receiving mail SLOWLY

Anyone have this problem? All of the recipients on my Exchange 2003 server (Server 2003 AD) can send and receive mail but the recipients receive the mail in about 30 minutes or more. This happens whether itís internal or external mail. Itís a small office with only 20 users.

Re: Exchange 2003 sending and receiving mail SLOWLY

When you send a mail try checking the queues within ESM and see if there are any stuck. 20 workstations on one server and the mails should be flying around.

Perform a test and check the queue and report back. It might give you an indication where there getting stuck

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Exchange 2003 sending and receiving mail SLOWLY

Thanks for your suggestion. The problem was the queue was jammed with NDR from spam that I was recieving. I was able to fix the problem by using this suggestion.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886208

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X