Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Mail box Migration from one domain to another

Hi,

Our organizations has two separate domains .Each domain has it's own Exchange Server.

DOMAIN # 1 has Exchange 2000 Standard Verision
    DOMAIN # 2 has Exchange 2003 Enterprise Version

I want to get rid of Exchange 2000 in DOMAIN # 1 and transfer only user Mail Boxes from Exchange 2000 (DOMAIN # 1) to Exchange 2003 (DOMAIN # 2).I have already created users accounts on DOMAIN # 2.

Is there any Migration Tool for that and what are the number of steps ?

Thanks

Sohail

Re: Exchange Mail box Migration from one domain to another

If both Exchange servers are in the same organization then all you need to do is to move the mailboxes by using the Exchange Tasks on all the user accounts that have mailboxes in domain A. That will allow you to migrate the mailboxes from the EX2000 to EX2003.

However, please note that moving the mailboxes isn't enough, you need to follow the steps here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307917

(that is true, again, only if both Exchange servers are in the same organization)

As for the user accounts, you can use ADMT to migrate them, along with their passwords and all.

However, again, if both Exchange servers are in the same organization then I don't see why you need to migrate the users from one domain to the other, they can remain in domain A while their mailboxes are stored on the Ex2003 server in domain B.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X