Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

editing the registry key to fix the exchange sp2 18 gb limit : what are the risks ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing the registry key to fix the exchange sp2 18 gb limit : what are the risks ?

Hello. I have a windows 2003 standard edition server ,
    with , of course, exchange standard edition installed.
    Windows already has SP1 , and exchange is already patched with
    SP2. Now as you'll know , by default , there's a limit on the primary
    exchange database, which is 18 gb.
    Obviously,now this quota has been exceeded.
    Ok ,no problem, i already know that i'll have to edit the windows registry and add some values ...
    but BEFORE doing so, i'd like to know if there is effectively a risk that after this changes , i dont know, for example windows won't boot anymore,
    or if something goes wrong, will i have to reinstall and configure again the whole exchange ????
    The machine is a Pentium 4 based pc, with 2 120 gb hard disks ( software mirroring) + an external 100 gb drive , where usually i do a secondary backup of
    other data .
    Thanks a lot for your answers....
    Bye

Re: editing the registry key to fix the exchange sp2 18 gb limit : what are the risks ?

As with all registry editing there is a risk. Make sure you backup BEFORE you attempt any of the following.
    Increasing Exchange 2003 Store Limits Remember, this is done at your own risk. Having said that, Daniel's instructions are very easy to follow and I had no problems implimenting the changes.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
    X