Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message bounces between two servers (was: urgent help needed plz..)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message bounces between two servers (was: urgent help needed plz..)

A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator.
    <server.mydomain.com.au #5.3.5>

Description of my network.

In The network of 10 computers, 6 client machines cannot send emails but 4 of them can.

Each user client machine has an outlook exchange account and A pop3 account with pop3server as pop3.external.com and smtp as smtp.isp_provider.com. The exchange is just used to store the emails. For internal emails at mydoamin.dom, exchange is used and for external emails at external.com the pop account is created. Internal email address is [email protected] and pop3 account email address is [email protected].
    In Exchange, there is one smtp virtual server with external dns server as isp dns.
    and there is One SMTP connector with configuration as :
    General Tab: use dns to route each each address space on this connector.
    Routing Group tab is empty.

The problem is that the outgoing emails from these 6 users are queued in exchange 2003 and a undelieverable message is sent to the mydomain.com user. they cannot send emails to anyone. Everything was working fine for 6 weeks but then suddenly this problem started. I have been looking for a solution for the past 3 weeks but no solution. I tried lot of methods, microsoft patches but nothing helped. I need help urgently.
    So anyone plz help me out to sort out this problem.. Hope the above information will help in solving the problkem quickly.

Thanks in anticipation,

Rsin
    Ability to perform, From Dusk till Dawn.
    Experience is what u get, when u expect something else..

Re: urgent help needed plz..

urgent help needed plz.. is NOT a good title for this thread. I would strongly advise you to change it to something more appropriate before Daniel sees it.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Problem in sending mails thru exchange.. Need to resolve urgently

Error is:
      A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator.
      <server.mydomain.com.au #5.3.5>

Description of my network.

In The network of 10 computers, 6 client machines cannot send emails but 4 of them can.

Each user client machine has an outlook exchange account and A pop3 account with pop3server as pop3.external.com and smtp as smtp.isp_provider.com. The exchange is just used to store the emails. For internal emails at mydoamin.dom, exchange is used and for external emails at external.com the pop account is created. Internal email address is [email protected] and pop3 account email address is [email protected].
      In Exchange, there is one smtp virtual server with external dns server as isp dns.
      and there is One SMTP connector with configuration as :
      General Tab: use dns to route each each address space on this connector.
      Routing Group tab is empty.

The problem is that the outgoing emails from these 6 users are queued in exchange 2003 and a undelieverable message is sent to the mydomain.com user. they cannot send emails to anyone. Everything was working fine for 6 weeks but then suddenly this problem started. I have been looking for a solution for the past 3 weeks but no solution. I tried lot of methods, microsoft patches but nothing helped. I need help urgently.
      So anyone plz help me out to sort out this problem.. Hope the above information will help in solving the problkem quickly.

Thanks in anticipation,

Rsin[/QUOTE]
      Ability to perform, From Dusk till Dawn.
      Experience is what u get, when u expect something else..

Comment

Re: Message bounces between two servers (was: urgent help needed plz..)

Bad message title, no one on earth can guess what's in the post, you had your chance to edit it yet you chose to disregard Biggles' request.

2 weeks of thinking time will do the trick. User banned to 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X