MVM Profile - RicklesP

This topic is closed.
This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVM Profile - RicklesP

MVM awardees will be featured on the Wall of Fame. Here is the info submitted to us by our 23rd MVM - RicklesP

Born Richard R. Pugh on 15 Sep 1961 in Warren, Ohio, USA.

Graduated High School 3 Jun 1979; Enlisted in the US Air Force 2 Jul 1979 at age 17.

Worked my way up from Airman Basic to Master Sergeant as an Avionic Sensor Systems technician, earning an Avionics Engineering degree in the process. Most of my career was spent outside the continental US, most of that was in the UK. Retired 1 Aug 2003 after 24 yearsí service, having worked with optical cameras, infra-red and side-looking radar sensors on such aircraft as the SR-71, U-2/TR-1, and Special Operations MC-130 airplanes and MH-53M Pave Low helicopters.

Retirement meant a career change, so decided to pursue a new career in IT. Building on self-taught skills on Atari ST & IBM clone PCs and DEC mainframes (military), earned a Microsoft MCSA on XP/Server 2003 while providing sole 1st and 2nd-line support to a UK govít contract of never-before-seen multi-national scope. We are now a team of 5 with programmers and SQL DBA members and a manager.

Subsequent formal training includes CompTIA Security+ and Cisco CCNA, and multiple 3- or 4-day courses on Server 2008, Hyper-V, Powershell, Sharepoint Admin (so far).

I am married with 1 son, now 18. Hobbies include reading, music (listening) and carpentry.

Attached Files

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services