No announcement yet.

MVM Profile - Cruachan

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVM Profile - Cruachan

MVM awardees will be featured on the Wall of Fame. Here is the info submitted to us by our 18th MVM - Cruachan

My name is Andy, recently turned 32 and from Hamilton in Scotland. I got my first computer (A Spectrum 48K) when I was about 7 and drove everybody crazy playing Manic Miner for hours on end. Been playing with them ever since.

I studied Computer Science at University but quickly realised I didn't want to be a programmer. I did some support work for the University's IT Department whilst I was there and found what I was good at. After getting a couple of MCPs I started doing contract support work and a few years on here I am an MCSA: Messaging and working towards my MCSE then on to MCITP: EA.

When not working I like a multitude of different sports. I play football at least once a week and also enjoy watching the pros, I'm also a big fan of motorsport especially British and World Superbikes. Other hobbies are reading, music, playing the guitar and dabbling in some DIY electronics and car repairs.

I started reading the Petri site when I first moved into support work, and have been reading ever since. I've learned a lot from the main site and the forums, so it was the least I could do to join and try and give a little back to those who've helped me.

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services