Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourites

Hello

Is it possible to save threads to a 'Favourites' section of my Petri profile?

Thanks!
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: Favourites

not quite what you want, but you could maybe subscribe to threads ?
    then it would appear in your subscribed threads control panel ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks. I had thought of this but I have nearly 800 subscribed threads. Threads I start/reply to in the future will push this down the list of subscriptions and eventually it will become difficult to find a 'favourite'.

I just wondered if the Petri forum offered this facility. I have used on another forum where it has proved to be extremely very useful. I'd like to reference rare threads that contain very useful info. Being able to easily find this info would be a real boon.

Cheers!

Comment

I agree it'd be handy, I'm not sure if there are plugins for vBulletin that offer this.

I tend to put links along with brief descriptions and keywords in an Evernote note for easy access
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Do the admins know if this is a feature that is available?

Petri's Forums are a valuable resource of knowledge. There are often excellent resources that others post - links, industry news, how-to's, and some generally very informed comments. Being able to reference these from the User's Control Panel would be great!

Thanks

Comment

I will flag this in the mod forum - there are a couple of admins who handle board updates etc. but most of us stay well away from that

If anyone knows of a suitable patch that provides the favourites, please feel free to post here
            Last edited by Ossian; 25th February 2014, 11:21.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks a lot, Ossian.

Comment

Working...
              X