Backup Sub Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Sub Forum

What are your thoughts on having a backup sub forum?

Backup troubleshooting/discussions/recommendations

Re: Backup Sub Forum

I think it has been discussed before and felt it belongs best in:
    Server / Client / Exchange / SQL as appropriate (with Misc for anything that falls through)

Looking over past posts, there is not a lot of demand (maybe because we do not have a forum )
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for that info Tom.

Comment

Most questions I see are either app specific (Exchange, SQL etc) which go into the appropriate forum or about backup strategies which go into Misc normally.

There was a suggestion a while back for a seperate forum for backup software and hardware but I think the consensus was that the number of posts didn't merit it.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Recomendations would be a good idea, there are so many backup solutions out there and we can never test, know or have experience with them all. The one thing we need is to trust the solution that we have in place. Personally I like Acronis but I'd guess there are solutions that are better and/or cheaper. A non-biased view of a backup solution may very well help with decision making or at least help with shortlisting...

Comment

Working...
          X