Answered and Unanswered Post icons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answered and Unanswered Post icons?

Just wondering if there is any plan to put a "Answered" and "Unanswered" icon that could be set by the OP.

Would allow anyone trolling the forums waiting for a post to look for any "Unanswered" questions.

Could also be tied into the Rep points, as when the OP changes from Unanswered to Answered, you could ask who helped and who provided the final solution.

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Re: Answered and Unanswered Post icons?

good idea - sounds alot like Expert sExchange....
    However, you'd then get one-post wonders and so forth who never bother...

I tend to just troll "new posts" myself
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

This comes up every few months, IIRC the main reason against it was limitations of vBulletin. One of the admins will no doubt correct me if that is is wrong though.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

If possible I like the idea.
        "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

The rate thread can be used for that. It's on the top of each thread.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I don't see it.
            Last edited by Managor; 19th October 2010, 19:07.

A+ CE

Comment

Answered / unanswered's doable, but no one ever remembers to actually use it.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                good idea - sounds alot like Expert sExchange....
                However, you'd then get one-post wonders and so forth who never bother...

I tend to just troll "new posts" myself

So do I, but the next step that I was going to see about is a "More Help Required" button.

A number of times I have been helping someone problem shoot, and I reach the limit of my knowledge, or I just run out of time to help, but becuse I have been dealing with it for the last X days, no one really bother to keep checking it. If there was some way to flag a post as requiring more, that way the overly skilled of us could pop there heads in and add there 2 cents.

I am thinking that if anything like this happens, It would be a Mod only thing (is there a level between mod and user?) to stop abuse.

This one is pure idea, but I would love the Answerd/Unanswered (if can already be done, I am going to investigate, and write a how to :P )

Wofen
                Good to be back....

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                  The rate thread can be used for that. It's on the top of each thread.
                  I can not see it, I might be blind, but I checked all the little icons and buttons I have. I can not find any "Rate this post" button. Sure its not a Mod only thing?

Wofen

PS: Sorry about the double post.
                  Good to be back....

Comment

Its actually "rate thread" so does not apply to individual posts. Look at the top of the thread
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm with Wofen, I don't see it, I've checked all the buttons, everywhere.

A+ CE

Comment

I don't have a regular user account except my mod account. So can't see what you guys might or might not see.

However on the top right you find the page numbers.
                        Right below it, you find Thread tools, Search this Thread, Rate Thread and Display modes.
                        Marcel
                        Technical Consultant
                        Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

Us regular users have Tools, Search, and Display modes.

A+ CE

Comment

Ah ok, Wired, Daniel, can you check that out?
                            I was in the assumption that users had permissions to use this.
                            Marcel
                            Technical Consultant
                            Netherlands

Comment

I have Rate Thread as an option so I'm guessing when you become either a member or a senior member (based on post count) that feature gets unlocked.
                              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                              sigpic
                              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X