Empty Response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Response

Several times I have written a question, added a couple of links and when posting have received an 'Empty Response' message. The question is not posted. I wonder if this may be contributing to the marked drop in popularity of this forum. I copy+pasted the question to MS's server forum without problems.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

A bit sheepishly I have to admit that I've kind of given up on the forum as a result of the technical issues.

Comment

Guys, please don't give up! we NEED the old members
      I've hit the issue a couple of times and sometimes writing the post in notepad, then copying, helps
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I've also sent it through to the email address [email protected] and have had responses.

Tom,

Unfortunately people are being put off by the bugs. I know i am.

Comment

I usually draft the message in notepad and then copy and paste and pop the links in.

It would be a shame if this was not sorted out because Petri is the best IT forum I have used - I have learnt so much here.

Comment

I have been investigating the 'empty response' issue in the past already, in connection with some programming code, and there seemed no pattern to it. Will nned few days to gather some data on it, then most likely to submit to VB support and have them check it directly.

According to VB staff, 'empty response' is kind of a generic error with plenty possible causes. Now that normal messages also exhibit same issue, could as well be a general problem, not related to the posted code/content as I concluded at that time.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

It shall now be possible to post this particular content, but fix is not generic - however if there will be any further occurrences of similar posting issues, we shall now be able to handle it swiftly, if reproducible.

Any reports much appreciated.

Comment

That's great news. Thanks very much

Comment

Working...
                  X