Any progress on Powershell forum new entries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any progress on Powershell forum new entries

Any idea of a get-well date for new posts in the Powershell forum? Just tried again by copying text I'd written in Notepad some weeks back, but still getting the same 'empty response' error.
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Didn't even know there was a problem with the PS forum....
    If you post in Misc,I'll move it when I spot it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Will do. But you had commented about it, in that very forum:
      https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/w...er-shell-forum.

Thanks for the assist, at any rate.
      *RicklesP*

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

AH... I thought you were talking about something else specific to the PS forum.... must be senility on my part....
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Looks like its not limited to the PS forum.

I just tried to post some PS code in the Windows 10 forum and got the same Empty Response error. Removed the code and it posted fine.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I suspected. Was going to try replacing the hyphens (-) in my code examples with underscores (_) to see if they posted, but it didn't occur until after I'd signed off for the evening. Cross fingers.
            *RicklesP*

Comment

Raised for forum developers in admin section - maybe there will be some action....
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Did finally get the post to work, but you'll see that it took a lot of playing with characters and spaces to get it to post. At least it's there, now. Hope the devs can sort out the apparent need to NOT post PS code statements in the PS forum so that posts can be, well, posted.

But then again, the same original composition wouldn't post in Misc, either, I'm guessing for the same reason. The servers read the input text as a code injection of some type rather than just a quoted string with no evil intent.
                *RicklesP*

Comment

Working...
                X