mobile support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile support?

I know, I've been away from this forum for a while... So this might been up before? Couldn't find it by the search, so here it is;

Could you please install the Tapatalk feature for this forum too?
    I know this is mainly a Windows forum, but I'm pretty sure not all members are using the Windows Mobile.
    Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Nokia. Our app provides you super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin.

Forum owners can download our free plugin to activate Tapatalk.
    Source

Re: TapaTalk?

Tapatalk has mobile clients for BB, iPhone, Nokia, and Android as well.

I've been tempted to bring it up for discussion, but I don't particularly like that there's only a paid version for Android but every other platform has at least a read only version.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm using the paid version for Android, but there is a free demo version available for Android too at the Market.

Comment

I like the idea of it, sadly I am using Windows Mobile though I'm willing to bet I'm very much in the minority there.

Some kind of mobile support would be great though, it's usable through Opera but not great.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Mobile support would be great - it's rather inconvenient getting the notifications on my BlackBerry but having to switch to the laptop to post anything. I wouldn't have thought it'd be a priority, but certainly wouldn't hurt to look
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I personally finds it convenient to use this kind of client where ever I am. It is very fast, and with the paid version you can easily post and quote to your favorite threads.

I'm no seller of this product.

Comment

Android market comments for tapatalk are saying forums are removing it due to security concerns.

http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3128

Seems like you go through their site maybe to view a forum? Not too sure. Either way I wouldn't recommend it for a while.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I too would be interested in Tapatalk. FYI I believe that vulnerability you posted as been resolved.

Comment

Trying to find a changelog for it stating as such.

Comment

yes, it has resolved.
                    http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3128
                    They have updated the client many(!) times since that.

Comment

Where's the changelog that states that as such, as well as the difference between versions? Can't expect a forum for IT guys not to do their due diligence

Comment

Never seen any change log from Quoord.:[

Comment

I would like to see this also. I use an iPhone and post on forums all the time.

Comment

Post to raise the dead and see if its still a option.

Sounds like a good idea, as long as that secruity hole has been fixed.

Wofen
                            Good to be back....

Comment

Originally posted by Wofen View Post
                              Post to raise the dead and see if its still a option.

Sounds like a good idea, as long as that secruity hole has been fixed.

Wofen

PLUS WinMo support. ):<
                              "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Working...
                              X