Not getting email alerts for subscribed threads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting email alerts for subscribed threads

I noticed that I'm not getting email alerts for the threads that I'm subscribed to. The setting is on in my user CP and there's nothing in my spam folder (I use a yahoo account for this site). Yahoo has never before had issues with receiving Petri mail and discerning it as ham. Is anyone else experiencing this? I just changed my email to my gmail account... which I've been meaning to do anyway. We'll see how things go.

EDIT: Seems like I'm not getting my confirmation email at the new address so it seems that it's an issue with the Petri forum's sending of mail... ?
    Last edited by Nonapeptide; 18th February 2010, 16:36.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Not getting email alerts for subscribed threads

Try turning off the setting, save and then turn the setting on again.
    If that doesn't work, Log Off the site to clear the Cookies. The try the above again. If that still doesn't work, get back to use quick.

Thanks Wes.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I turned notifications off (saved settings) and then back on. I changed settings, logged off, logged in, changed settings back, logged off and logged in. Through all of this, at virtually every step I have manually selected the link to have my activation email resent to the gmail address that I changed my Petri account to. None of them have come through.

Furthermore, after my first logout/login I noticed my MVM badge isn't there anymore. That's fine... but I pity the person who attempts to reclaim my Train Signal hard drive. "You'll never take me alive!!"
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

The Forums are migrated to a new server. Probably some last issues.
        Keep it posting so "they" can fix it
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
          The Forums are migrated to a new server. Probably some last issues.
          Keep it posting so "they" can fix it
          I guess that would explain why the forums and site were unavailable for some hours yesterday.
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Yep. Is everything ok now?
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
              Furthermore, after my first logout/login I noticed my MVM badge isn't there anymore.
              Fixed.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well, I got my MVM badge back (I guess I can fire the armed guards that are patrolling around my Train Signal hard drive). I still don't seem to be getting email alerts for subscribed threads, though.
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

I've been getting them but they've been coming through as spam in gmail.

Comment

I fail.

Messages were in my spam mail folder. Earliest date was the 18th. I was certain I had checked! I'm such a... a... user.
                    Wesley David
                    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

I fail.

Messages were in my spam mail folder. Earliest date was the 18th. I was certain I had checked! I'm such a... a... user.
                      Take that man's MVM badge away again.
                      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                      sigpic
                      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I fail.

At least you know where they are now lol....

Comment

Looks like google are still treating mail sent from this server as spam - just found one in my spam folder from yesterday. admins let me know if you want the headers.

cheers

Comment

Once I marked my Petri messages as not spam, I haven't had an issue with it yet. All emails are landing in my mailbox. How many messages have you marked as "Not Spam"? Maybe it needs a few more to get the heuristics correct.
                            Wesley David
                            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

did that after posting and received the reminder for this one!

Comment

Working...
                              X