X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KillPol

Hello,

I tried to send a support mail to [email protected] but the email didn't work.

I had a question regarding the KILLPOL util (it isn't working in my environment):
    Hello,

I have looked at the utility ”Killpol” and can’t get it to work in my windows2003 enterprise environment (with citrix presentation server 4.0).

I logon via ICA with an Remote Desktop user and start the program. I then enter my domain admins account and tries to “Remove Policy”. A message pops up with “… do you want to continue”, when accepting this (yes) then the following happens:

Unable to remove policy. Please verify credentials and permissions on 'P:\util\killpol and try again

P: is a mapped network drive where domain admins have full rights and the user have read+execute.

I have also checked that the Secondary logon service is running.

Any ideas why this happen ?

Re: KillPol

Sorry but I am unable to help you with your problem, but if this post can get moved to the MISC Forum we might get a few more people looking at it and maybe get an answer.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i've had the same problem, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't no idea why, it has full permission to everyone on the share. when it happens the only solution is to copy if locally, i ususally use the C: then delete it when i'm done. it never happens locally.
      MCSE 2000\2003, A+
      00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Comment

I have the same error I have only shared directory ...Any help ?

Thx
        Last edited by diego; 16th October 2007, 09:50.

Comment

Originally posted by diego View Post
          I have the same error I have only shared directory ...Any help ?

Thx
          Oh, so much info about your problem AND it has been tacked onto a thread that is TWO years old. Might I suggest you find an appropriate Forum and post your question there with as much information as possible about your problem.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Ganottools no longer support their tools (actually, they never did, read the disclaimer).

You can use them if you want, just don't ask questions on why stuff doesn't work.

UPDATE: Killpol can now be obtained on their site. It is now a paid product.

http:// www .smart-x. com/
            Last edited by danielp; 31st January 2010, 12:40.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X