Please help!!!! ARRGGGHHHH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!!! ARRGGGHHHH

Not to sound too horribly obtuse but is there a way to code "please help" out from any posts added to the forum? Its one of my pet hates seeing those words appended again and again to posts as though it adds some feeble validation to a post thats generally from someone that doesnt really have much of an inklin as to what there doing.

Re: Please help!!!! ARRGGGHHHH

So the first target would be your post here?

Agree, but AFAIK no way to do it, and at least it shows some semblance of manners

I would also like a mandatory spell checker and no txt spk, but thats just an IMHO
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Iv seen it done before on other forums coded in .php Key words could be ** out or removed all togther.

Comment

It's easy enough to do phrase replacements, but it wouldn't help in the long run.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

My comp is blue w/ funny txt on teh scrn. plz hlp.

kthxbai
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post

kthxbai
            May I suggest a thick coat of paint of a colour of your choice
            That will remove both the blue and the funny text permanently
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by kthxbai View Post

kthxbai
              Could just be a reflection, known problem with older monitors (try turning off the big telly that is all over wall behind you), or in some case with special people.
              I have also heard that a screen actualy can turn blue, it has something to do with Microsoft taken over the computer, check if that is on your computer and try to delete it

bad words list:
              AFAIK there is an option to maintain a list of banned words in vbulletin. I guess those words will be erased when posting? (Hey it that why some posts missing information or just don't make sence at all?)
              I do not know if this can be used also for combinations of words and, apply for thread titles as well.

Then there is also phrase to variable replacement but this is for all text that is on the page not just posts.

\Rems
              Last edited by Rems; 11th July 2009, 14:35.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
              and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Banned word list stars out those words. Replacement variable list does the same. Both options do it only for user entered information (titles, posts, profile fields, etc).

Comment

IMHO, I would not like to see things like "please" and "thank you" blocked in any way, nor the phrase "please help" when properly used (yes, it is occasionally )
                  Last edited by Ossian; 12th July 2009, 12:10.
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                    IMHO, I would not like to see things like "please" and "thank you" blocked in any way, not the phrase "please help" when properly used (yes, it is occasionally )
                    What, when asking the shepherd which bonnie lass is doing the rounds that night? Now THAT's

Comment

Working...
                    X