arrogant people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arrogant people

mr daniel i think the guys in the forum pretend to know it all.and whats with this stuff your precious time.man time is precious for everyone.if someone comes around asking a silly question its not because they want to but because simply they are less taleneted than u r if at all.anways this forum basically sucks.one suggestion i can give is stop being arrogant about knowledge.i can do this i can do that i hate that stuff.dude realize this if u know something their r 10 million peeps who know better.so come back to the ground everyone.

Supriyo

Your are almost right with the thinks you said here.

This topic should be on suggestions section!

There are here some arrogant people, i am agree in that, It's a shame...

Like they said: I must learn with that

But not everything it is bad because this forum have very great people here as well.
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

The key to getting on in a forum like this is easy:

Before asking a question:

1. Make a basic attempt to look for the problem (i.e. quick google finds a lot of answers)

2. Read the stickies in the forums. Some questions and pointers are stated here

3. Use the search facility of the forum to see if the question has been asked before

And one thing to remember for all forum members is that we all ask silly questions once in a while!
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: arrogant people

Originally posted by supriyo
        mr daniel i think the guys in the forum pretend to know it all.and whats with this stuff your precious time.man time is precious for everyone.if someone comes around asking a silly question its not because they want to but because simply they are less taleneted than u r if at all.anways this forum basically sucks.one suggestion i can give is stop being arrogant about knowledge.i can do this i can do that i hate that stuff.dude realize this if u know something their r 10 million peeps who know better.so come back to the ground everyone.

Supriyo
        Oh yes?

Since you chose to direct your message to me personally, and since you did not bother to write me a personal message before going public with your assumption, I will take the liberty to reply in a public way.

Now, I see that your messages on these forums are confined to one and only forum, where you came to ask for help, got some help (which apparently wasn't good enough for you), and stayed long enough to actually have a conversation with some of the people that tried to help you.

Strangely, you only came to us when you needed help, yet failed to provide any sort of positive feedback, unless you call a bunch of messages spiced with the words "shit", "crap", "bloody" and other variations - unless you consider these messages to be positive feedbacks.

At least 3 people tried to help you, but their help wasn't good enough for you, not good enough to at least say "thank you".

Oh, you did mention something about someone who had a trick of solving your problem, but strangely failed to provide any information beyond that point. Thus you took from the knowledge-base pool of knowledge, and failed to return anything back, nor to at least say thanks for the effort of those who did try to help. Strangely, your remark about having a solution failed to provide any real information for the past 14 days since your last post. Yet you did come back for one final blow.

I'm not sure if you're aware of the fact that the people here, the people who have helped to build this community, they all are volunteers and are doing it for the kicks of it and not for money or for any other gratitude. The one thing we all get from doing the things we do is the fact that most people have the courtesy of coming back, saying thank you, providing some sort of positive feedback, and what's better - provide additional info to help others learn and solve their own problems.

However I myself am made of a different material. What make MY day is something totally different. I get my joy from kicking people's asses and banning them from my forums. Every once in a while, a person like yourself comes along and tells us what he really thinks about us and about what we're doing here, and when I see that, I lose all control of myself and begin shooting in all directions.

This is what makes me tick. Yeah. Go baby, do it to me once more!

So hear this Mr.. supryio, you made my day. I will not let you come here and mock at our honorable forum members, people who are better than you in at least one thing - they are here to HELP, not to curse, use dirty language and make others feel bad.

Answer if you want, vanish if you don't, but whatever you do, don't return to ask questions, and don't do it with a different nickname, coz I will hunt down your IP and block the whole segment which it resides in. You don't need us anyway.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by windux
          Your are almost right with the thinks you said here.

This topic should be on suggestions section!

There are here some arrogant people, i am agree in that, It's a shame...
          As for you Mr. windux, you are of course in a totally different category, and therefore whatever I wrote in my first reply doesn't apply to you.

As you may have noticed, I deliberately did not interfere with your debate with some of the forum's moderators regarding some of your answers and the way you post them. However that does not mean I don't agree with them. On the contrary.

We all appreciate your help and the work you've been doing here. Sharing information is what the Internet is all about, and especially support-related forums like this one.

However, posting an answer at all means does not necessarily make someone a preferred member, and quoting other knowledge resources without giving credit does not look good. Not legally and not politically correct-wise. It's not about the post-count and it's not about seeing your name on each and every post on the forums. It's about being there when someone needs your help, and about beeing able to provide good, quality, trusted answers.

Again I say - we all appreciate your effort and the help you gave so far to the many readers of this forum. We would all like to see you (and others like you) continue to provide quality answers, but I fear that without agreeing on these basic protocols we will never be on the same line of thought. No one wants you to stop writing, no one thinks that you should quit, but we all agree that there are some things that need to be changed. You may agree to that, and you may not, but again, these are the rules of the game, so either play by the rules or just play your own game, but not here.

To sum up - I do not think you are right, and I think you owe an apology to those you directed your reply to (and YOU know who I'm talking about).
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I will not go asking for excuses at nobody.
            My form of reply always is based on theory that already was written by somebody. I do not invent the wheel and nobody makes it nowadays. The wheel is improved. I should not had answered with a simple Copy/ Past but I was not the only one to make it so far. It is not badly in saying what the was said to me, i am not agree how it was said.
            I am sorry my english.
            I do not care the post count or name or anything else i do it for pleasure.
            There are many forums like this one on the Internet, i will go choose this until the day i will be not welcome.
            MCSE w2k
            MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Windux,

No one is telling you to go. I'm sure you know enough English to understand this.

You're welcome here as is anyone else, and your help is appreciated. Period.

Just make sure you follow the rules, ok?

As for any appologies - it's your call, you do what you decide, you're a grown up, and since I wasn't a part of "that" conversation, I can only suggest, I cannot force anyone to do anything.

Shall we close this topic?
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I am not asking for anything.
                Sorry if you understand that.
                You can close this topic.
                For me this topic never exist!

Cheers for all
                MCSE w2k
                MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Update:

Windux has been banned from the Petri.co.il forums because of repeated breaking of our written rules. We will not tolerate any reader, no matter what his or her post count is, who does not comply with these rules.

The basic rules of our community can be found on a sticky note at the top of each forum (for example - http://forums.petri.com/viewtopic.php?t=3873).

Read them, follow their guidelines.

Every break of these rules, especially the legal issues and the rules that deal with giving credit and link(s) to the people that deserve it - will not be tollerated and will result in removal from our community, no questions asked.
                  Last edited by danielp; 10th October 2005, 12:24.
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                  X