Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giving credit (was: help with demoting a DC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving credit (was: help with demoting a DC)

Originally posted by guyt
    windux,

please do not quote MS KBs as if it were your answers.
    You could just give the link ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q238369/ ) or state up front that you are quoting KB.
    What is the problem? That's my answer in the same way.
    I am just trying help here OK?!

THANK YOU
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Originally posted by windux
    Originally posted by guyt
    windux,

please do not quote MS KBs as if it were your answers.
    You could just give the link ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q238369/ ) or state up front that you are quoting KB.
    What is the problem? That's my answer in the same way.
    I am just trying help here OK?!

THANK YOU
    Don't know if you are being sarcastic or what but come on! it is word for word!! lol
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

When quoting, I expect people to specify the source of the quote. Being professional is not only about giving the correct answer, but also respecting other people opinions, copyright and intelectual property as well as keeping discussions at professional and non-offending level.
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

You guys never do this before?
        Come on!

I think i am not welcome here. I do not know why.
        Since my first POST my intensions was share knowledge and information with you!

Best Regards,

Windux
        MCSE w2k
        MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Originally posted by windux
          You guys never do this before?
          Come on!

I think i am not welcome here. I do not know why.
          Since my first POST my intensions was share knowledge and information with you!

Best Regards,

Windux
          Easy there windux. There are plenty of people here greatful for your help. Don't give up just cause you've been told off. Just accept it and move on. You have become a very valuable member of the forum in a very short amount of time. Well done for that and hopefully you will continue to help other people as best you can.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Tonyyeb you're a nice guy.
            It is not the first time that i see complains because i said something wrong or do something different.
            We must share our opinions but with respect.

I am not giving up!

No offence to anyone...

First of all i am humble!

MCSE w2k
            MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Tony's right there

tbh I don't particularly like it when ppl just give a url in a reply, although I see the point that if you're gonna paste from MS then just add the URL too - this'll help the poster get more info without replying and waiting for you to get back from the pub

I think a nice snippet with core info and a url is the best way

What over-rides all here (and is why I ended up becoming a member here too) is the willingness to help each other in a non-condesending way

We're all techies after all...
              1 + 1 = 11 ... honest!

Comment

Well said stoo.mp! Here here!
                Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Guys, hold your horses.

If this was a one-time accident (and it was not), I would not reply with direct response over the forum (there are PMs for that) and I truly believe in what I have said: I do expect people not to try to take credit for others work no matter how helpful they are. This is not a competition of who delivers the quickest answer and scores more posts. In no way this is an ego competition. We are all techies and should respect other techies' work by giving the credit. This is the least we can do to show our appreciation for the time others invested in sharing their knowledge (even if they got paid for it).

In no way will I allow copyright violations, and with all due respect, copying and pasting from a website protected by copyright without stating from where this has been taken, is a direct violation of copyright laws.

I have a lot of respect to people willing to share their knowledge, but I do not believe that this should come at any price. You can be a super-duper AD wizard, but I will still pull out a differential 10 feet external SCSI cable if you try to pull a stunt like this.
                  Guy Teverovsky
                  "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

I totally agree Guy and thats why i said windux should accept his telling off and get on with it. Credit where credit is due and that includes crediting Microsoft if a KB has the answer.

I think the moral is basically: "Learn the lesson but don't get beat up about it. Keep going and use the lesson you have learnt in the future".
                    Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Working...
                    X