Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collaboration and Messaging.

Hello folks,

I hope everything goes well for you all. I have been busy and away from the forum for a while. It's time to get back to the clan .

I notice our forum has been growing fast in terms of quality of knowledge base and population of geeks. Hence, I would like to make a suggestion of adding a topic for SharePoint (or MOSS) so we can start helping and learning from the IT community on this fast booming collaboration application. At the same time, we may as well update the current category from Messaging Software to Collaboration and Messaging Platforms.

I would like to have feed backs from you guys. Thank you much.

Regards,
    Teamwork

Re: Collaboration and Messaging.

(Moved to the Suggestions Forum)

Strange as it may seem we get very, very few SharePoint questions so until we do, no need to have an empty Forum.

As for the name change to, Collaboration and Messaging Platforms, by the time I finished reading that it will be time for my afternoon nap. I'm sure this will get some serious thought and discussion with an answer about it in due course.

My personal preference would be to leave the name alone because once we get into Messaging Platforms the word hardware pops up. Since this is primarily a Microsoft software support site who is going to answer questions about Blackberry, iPhone, Treo and the plethera of existing and upcoming devices. While that may be a bonus for the IT Professional that are our core members, I can see an influx of new gadget purchasers asking "how do I turn on my model x Messaging Platform?".
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hello Biggles

I am glad to know you're doing well at 5K posts . A search on "SharePoint" resulted in at least twenty SharePoint related threads. That should be a good indicator for having some real estate for SharePoint . On the other hand, if we are able to get it up, I will definitely chip in with bricks and cement to build a strong one.

I agree with you on not using "Platforms" as it may be interpreted into something else.

Thanks for your feed back.

Regards,
      Teamwork

Comment

20 threads out of our present total of 29,604 is very very few. (Approx 1 for every 1,500 )
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X