Reporting Storage Size in Exchange script; found a bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting Storage Size in Exchange script; found a bug

I think I have found a bug in the script linked from the article "Reporting Storage Size in Exchange" (http://www.petri.com/reporting_stora...n_exchange.htm).

I have run the script on our Exchange Organisation and when it reaches the Front-End servers, which have no Mail Stores at all, the script correctly reports the Storage Group total as 0MB, but reports the Server total as 112, 783MB (which happens to be the server total for the previous Back-End server). This also makes the Organisation total incorrect by (# of FE servers) x 112, 783MB

I'm guessing that the variable that stores the server total is not being zeroed between loops. I'm looking to correct it, however I'm not an VBS guru by any stretch of the imagination, so if anyone can suggest what's the best course of action, I'd be grateful.

Yours, Doc.

Re: Reporting Storage Size in Exchange script; found a bug

Hi Doc Dish,

Thanks very much for the input, I've requested this thread be moved to the suggestions/feedback forum but I'm sure there will be a response soon.

Thanks
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Reporting Storage Size in Exchange script; found a bug

Thanks Andy.

I've added "serverTotal = 0" below line 31 ("Dim serverTotal") which is giving me much more sensible storage values.

Comment

Working...
      X