virtualization section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtualization section

I was curious(and i mean no disrespect I am simply curious), why the virtualization subform only has MS and Vmware sections, and not one for Citrix, Virtual Iron, etc, or at least an "other hypervisor" section

Re: virtualization section

Citrix is well served under the Terminal Server section, and for the others, basically "lack of demand"
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

But some of Citrix's newer products are not TS based at all. (namely xen server and xendesktop).

Comment

Still though lack of demand. You can post the questions in the Misc forum.
        If traffic about this subject attracts then it might be added as an additional forum.

Also I move this to the suggestion board where it belongs.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thanks. Sorry about putting it where I did I wasnt sure where else it should go. Noted for future reference.

Comment

according to what we've seen at vmworld, xen and solidice attracted much more attention than hyper-v, which was stuck in a small faraway booth in a back corner

afaik XEN is widely used, and as soon as solidice goes under RHEV, it will gain quite a serious momentum as well. after all it IS the best performing VDI solution out there
            Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

It sure is. However, I will repeat the answer I give in these cases.

Too much information, no real content for it on the main Petri site, and (at least to our knowledge) no real experts on the matter on the forums. So if we do have such forums, unless we have real experts that volunteer to moderate and keep an eye and answer on these forums, they might be left empty or without answers. I don't think that is a good thing to have.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                It sure is. However, I will repeat the answer I give in these cases.

Too much information, no real content for it on the main Petri site, and (at least to our knowledge) no real experts on the matter on the forums. So if we do have such forums, unless we have real experts that volunteer to moderate and keep an eye and answer on these forums, they might be left empty or without answers. I don't think that is a good thing to have.
                once solidice is out, I'm sure I can pull a few howtos out of my sleeve, if you want them
                Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Working...
                X