Let people post on Windows 7 please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let people post on Windows 7 please

I believe it would be a great and challenging forum to have a section dedicated solely to Microsoft's newest operating system Windows 7.
    I have tried unsuccessfully to download the beta version several times and if there was a section for users to give opinions and knowledge on Windows 7 beta, it would be a definate breeding ground of very useful information on this latest and much talked about system.
    ....for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Re: Let people post on Windows 7 please

I'll raise this in the moderators forum

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I don't really see the need for it personally, at least not when the product is in Beta. Even when it is full release it is an evolution of Vista rather than a complete new product so could easily be handled in the Vista forum in the way Windows 2000 and XP share a forum.

For now I think Misc is the appropriate place for it.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I disagree.

There are a lot of people currently in the beta and who have downloaded it from TechNet and the more informatio we can share about the product the better. There's not much info out there at the moment so the more we can fill this site up with info the better.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I will start a Windows 7 forum in a few weeks. Keep an eye for it. Thanks for the idea, btw.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I agree with cruachan at least for the beta part.
            However, Then again I think it's better to open a beta forum. TMG, UAG, Windows 2008 R2 etcetc are all in beta either.
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

If we have a Windows 7 Forum, I would suggest we merge Vista with the other Client OS forum, i.e. there is one forum for the "latest" version, whether in Beta or live and one for established OSes
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I would have thought Windows 7 would be better off merged with Vista - while 7 is theoretically being targetted as "Vista done properly", they are far more similar to each other than Vista is to XP and 2000.
                Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I will not merge Vista with older client OS forums, because it's not the same OS. As for Win7, for now, as it's still beta, we will open a dedicated forum and we'll see how things go.
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Sounds like a plan

I've only been running it under VMware so far to ascertain it's suitability for day to day use, and what I've seen is good. I'll be installing it on my laptop tomorrow to really put it to the test
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
                    X