Problems with double posters, not reading rules etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with double posters, not reading rules etc

I've seen some forums using this software, that immediately after registration will ONLY display a particular forum until a user has posted in it. So - for instance - you could (a) make the rules thread title red and bold, (b) restrict the user to the "Introductions" forum until they have read the rules and posted in the introductions thread.

Of course - you won't be able to check if they've read the rules or not; but if you do these things then you don't need to warn for rule infringements; you just set a two week ban instantly on infringement and set them back to restricted once they come back... post in the thread where they infringed telling them what they have to do to see the full forum - while banned they can read their thread, and once unbanned they can only see the intros forum again until they do whatever it is you told them to do - e.g. PM a mod stating that they have read the rules.

Obviously guests (unregistered users) shoud not be restricted at all - we still want the information to be out there!

Just an idea - we're seeing poor old Marcel working his proverbials off merging and re-merging the intros thread, quite a few more double posters and poor titles, and a lot more people posting zero detail...

Cheers

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Re: Problems with double posters, not reading rules etc

Double posting (Rule 2 violation) is now being actioned in every case. This is starting to get out of hand again so it is shoot first and ask no questions.

I don't particularly like banning members but we have to maintain control of the Forums.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Exactly. We take pride in the fact that, in most cases, we've created and managed the forums as they are today. One of the reasons is allowing almost no forum rule violations. Sure, that keeps some of the id10ts or lamers out, but that's ok, we want quality, not quantity.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

and a lot more people posting zero detail...
        i will high 5 that.

Comment

Originally posted by mobius2011
          I see words & understand them on their own, but I cannot understand one sentence in this paragraph.
          You're not supposed to. It's a spam message, and it will be deleted by the moderator in the near future...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

It's best not to quote the links or sites mentioned too.
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
            X