Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse DNS entry for this forum

Hi Daniel,

I've just spent a frustrating 15 minutes trying to register, as I need to post a question regarding SBS 2003.

Given how extremely well respected you are, and the petri.co.il website, I'm stunned that you have a misconfigured mailserver! This was logged on my own mailserver when your registration confirmation message was sent:

Jul 17 08:06:23 orca postfix/smtpd[5877]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[72.52.147.186]: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [72.52.147.186]; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<host1.bluewhaleweb.com>

You have a reverse DNS entry on 72.52.147.186 of host.bluewhaleweb.com, but there's no host of the same name.

I can understand this happening for many people. But not Daniel Petri, Fountain Of All Knowledge!!!

Jim

Re: Reverse DNS entry for this forum

Hmmm

Rev DNS Check: OK - 72.52.147.186 resolves to host.bluewhaleweb.com

agreed on that score

host.bluewhaleweb.com doesn't resolve but host1 does.
    To be fair though Jim I would say it could be several reasons and I woudl suggest a PM to Daniel may have been a better way of proceeding.
    Last edited by AndyJG247; 17th July 2008, 09:26.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by jimwillsher View Post
      I can understand this happening for many people. But not Daniel Petri, Fountain Of All Knowledge!!!
      Well, this was the hosting company misconfiguration (we do not manage the reverse lookup zone) and I have asked them to fix it. The reverse will match the forward after the DNS cache refresh.
      (did you really think that something like this could happen to Daniel ? )

Thanks for the heads up!
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Originally posted by jimwillsher View Post
        Jim
        Hi Jim, I'll take care of this, thanks for the heads up!
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X