Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i send out my post to members(i have exchange 2000 problems)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i send out my post to members(i have exchange 2000 problems)

I have an exchange related problems and would need someone to help me out. I have installed exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server which is a domain controller. I want to upgrade to windows 2003, i know i need to update my exchange to service pack 3 which is where i am having problems.

At the point of upgrade it tells me The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Update" because:
    -The active Directory schema is not up-to-date. You must run setup with "/forest prep" switch if you have already done this with the current version of setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details.

--The local domain configuration is not up-to-date. You must run setup with "/domainprep" switch if you have already done this with the current version of setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details.

I ran forestprep and domain prep before installing exchange 2000 server.
    All the solutions that have been proferred so far point to the fact that LDAP in exchange in using the same port as LDAP in AD. I tried changing the port no to 390 in exchange but LDAP is not listed in the protocol container under the excahnge server.

i await an urgent respose

---Shakirat

Re: How do i send out my post to members(i have exchange 2000 problems)

Do you think this might be posted in the EXCHANGE Forum and not the Suggestion and Feedback Forum?

Let us know if you would like it moved. Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Poster has chosen not to ask for it to be moved, and has simply posted again in the exchange area.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks. i finally got the exchange forum and have posted it there

Comment

Argghhhh... sometimes you cannot win.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X