User Activities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Activities

I have to say, this site is great, it is so good that my MCSE lecturer recommended my class use it to get useful info for our MCSE course, and beyond our course for our work as well.

I have also noticed there are quite a few very inteligent people on here, giving some strong and well-backed advice, which is always useful, but I have also noticed there is quite a lot of single time posters.

I noticed 1 in particular that joined in July, posted once in July, and hasn't posted ever since, almost 5 months on, and still only 1 post.

Is there something we can offer people to become more active, and thus build the knowledge up in these forums.

I noticed we have a "Most Valuable Member" section that lets us know the person that has contributed the most over the last month to the site, but could we bring this down to a weekly thing (I know it's more work, but gives more chance for others), and maybe bring in a "coffee lounge" section where people can chat about anything at all, MCSE related or not, that is sort of a meet and greet area.

I know I would like an area where I could introduce myself, then others can read, and know a little about my background, it gives the ability to be more open to others, and become friendlier.

This site is extremely good, and I am very impressed with the wealth of knowledge in here, but more knowledge is much better, and I am sure that every member can at least contribute 1 bit of usefull knowldge a week/month and that will only pertain to a better site in the long run.

Brian.

the problem with the mvmm is that there arn't a lot of staying people. that section came alive to keep the knowledge. The award will also not been given to any of the moderators or administrators, so only the users can earn such award. (do you're best )
    we also saw the problem to get en keep the knowledge of the users.

Is there something we can offer people to become more active, and thus build the knowledge up in these forums.
    do you have any sugestions?? i can't find any...

futher i can find it with the idea of "coffee lounge" section. just doing a social talk or talking about anything else which is not related to any forum related stuff.

Daniel/Guy, can you guys have a look at this suggestion????
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I noticed there is now a Social area, which is awesome

I am now also a moderator for one of the forums in here which is awesome, but the fact that I can or cant win the "MVMM" award doesn't stop me from trying to offer my best knowledge and assistance to people.

thanks,

Brian.

Comment

Congrats on becoming a mod...
        *Taunts you with MVMM*
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Can't finish typing moderator eh Andrew. Maybe you have ADD.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Andrew.

lol biggles

B.

Comment

Working...
              X