Data Backup forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Backup forum

Please contact me for details. I would like to moderate.

Re: Data Backup forum

I don't see any use for it..
    Why is a seperate backup forum needed?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I have been in the backup business for many years and have never found a forum that people can have their questions answered.

I thought with the popularity of all the forums on this website it would be a great place to establish the go to place for backup discussion.

When you think of the need for it I think it needs to be addressed under its own forum.

Tape backup, Online backup, Exchange backup, MSSQL Backup, Quickbooks Backup, etc.. These are all important to businesses and most on here I feel are managing their IT for any number of businesses and could benefit.

Well just my $0.02

Comment

Could be useful but for the moment I would suggest it stays under the Misc forum.
        See my earlier posts on the subject of broadening the site too far

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Agreed. There is no need for one here as of yet. This is a community however, so if you see a data backup question you can help with, by all means feel free to answer it.
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Exactly like Wired said. And if you can help build that area by adding your own tips, articles, stuff like that. If we see that there is a true need for those types of questions then we will consider adding a specified form.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X