suggestion to all moderator of this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion to all moderator of this site

My suggestion is very simple be polite and respect your users. If you whould respect them you whould have not 19,471 users much more...
    And thanks to biggles77 I'll definitly will take his advise and check out others forums thanks god your forum is not single one.

Re: suggestion to all moderator of this site

This site is run under the rules of Mr Petri himself.

You would have read the rules of this site when you joined and shoud have abided by them.

I'm not sure where this has come from but all the MODS here are nice chaps, if and when you follow the rules.

Comment

I think it has something to do with this:

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=12833

The end of the day if Daniel decided to ban people for no apparent reason then it is his choice (He pays, runs and maintains the site). The fact that he has 19,471 users the he must be doing something right!

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
        I think it has something to do with this:

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=12833

The end of the day if Daniel decided to ban people for no apparent reason then it is his choice (He pays, runs and maintains the site). The fact that he has 19,471 users the he must be doing something right!

Michael
        Hadn't got that far.

Comment

Originally posted by kauf View Post
          My suggestion is very simple be polite and respect your users. If you whould respect them you whould have not 19,471 users much more...
          And thanks to biggles77 I'll definitly will take his advise and check out others forums thanks god your forum is not single one.
          I've decided I have to weigh in on this as I hope I have something to offer.

KAUF:

Your feathers were ruffled and you feel as if you were wronged in response to your 9th post (per my counting).

Your responses have been whiny at best. Get over it.

Back on my 6th post, I was insulting and got slammed. I came back from it. Can you?

This is a unique site in that this is a "free" help site where about 20 folks answer almost 80% of the questions day in, day out (it's more than 20 but the 80/20 rule is irresistible).

Folks come here because they get expert answers. If they didn't, no one would come here. You go out there and find a site that delivers a similar level of "product", both personal and immediate, and let us know. We all need good help from time to time. I love sites like Oracle's AskTom but that's more of a column than a pro bono help site.

So respect us and we'll respect you. At first, I thought Daniel's rules were a bit harsh. After being here for 3-4 months, I'm beginning to think they're not tough enough. I do have a soft side and would like to implement checks and balances to help new posters make effective posts.

Don't get me wrong, we all get something out of providing help to all of you. Each individual has his/her reason(s). I do it, in part, because it allows me to keep up on my skills since I'm rarely on the front lines these days.

Do realize this takes a lot of time on our part to help all of you. When post are unclear, misplaced, etc. it wastes every one's effort and time. I believe that's where this all started with you.

You sound like a trained professional that could give something valuable to this group and get some satisfaction in return. Back to my earlier question: "Are you up to it?"
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Rick, I'd say you reflect the attitude of most, if not all, the moderators here.

KUAF, you're welcome to stay, welcome to learn, welcome to help out, only it's got to be by the rules. http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=15

BTW - Ignorance of the law (rules in this case) is no excuse for braking them.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Excellant post Rick

Michael
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk
              MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

Comment

I've decided I have to weigh in on this as I hope I have something to offer... <snip for brevity>
                YAR YAR YAR!!! *Waves order papers about* Hear Hear!!

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Magnifico, Rick
                  Thank you. I needed some good thoughts, after yesterday's 2IPs issue... I got steam coming out of my ears ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
                    Magnifico, Rick
                    Thank you. I needed some good thoughts, after yesterday's 2IPs issue... I got steam coming out of my ears ...
                    That was a classic Abbott and Costello "Who's on First" routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaKjRyPjVY
                    Last edited by rvalstar; 25th January 2007, 19:24. Reason: capitalization
                    Cheers,

Rick

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

YouTube - Bush vs. Condoleeza: Hu is running China?:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va7354GVbhA
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                        YouTube - Bush vs. Condoleeza: Hu is running China?:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va7354GVbhA
                        Hilarious and, possibly, too close to the truth.
                        Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Working...
                        X