This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War!

Quite off topic, but since we here at the Petri.co.il forums are proud of our multi nationality I thought I'd use this stage to send my very best wishes to the families and the soldiers that are engaged in the latest clashes in our area.

No matter what side you're on, as long as you're a victim of this war my heart is with you.

BTW, I don't know yet, but there is a high chance that some of our Israeli members (moderators, MVPs, members) either live within range of the rockets fired at them by the Hizbullah terrorists in southern Lebanon, or will be personally called for immediate military duty.

As I said, as there are also quite a few members from the other side of the border, I'd like you all to really hold your fingers and offer your prayers that none of us are heart, and that true peace will finally come to our area.

Lets show the world that there is a true chance of living together peacefully and that we, as human beings, will not be dragged to these idiotic arguments that have brought so much sorrow to so many people.
    Last edited by danielp; 14th July 2006, 09:39.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: War!

I know there is a lot of tension between Israel and the surrounding countries but I've never really understood why they hate Israelis so much. Kill whitey .
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Daniel,

My heart goes out to your country and your service members.... I see these senseless acts of agression by rogue nations and have a hard time understanding what drives people to act in the ways that they do.

Life is short, why can't we all just get along ???

I hope you and your family/friends are well during this time of war.... Stay safe!

J

Comment

If you get called up to fight, flee to Canada. That's what we do here. Be safe.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

My best wishes to all concerned and hopefully a speedy resolution to the current situation.

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Right now, I am researching and Exchange server problem and I have the War on TV in the background.

So surreal. Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson
              If you get called up to fight, flee to Canada. That's what we do here. Be safe.
              Fleeing is and will not be a part of my dictionary. Period. That is what separates us from the rest of the region. However sometimes I do envy the seemingly peaceful countries like Canada.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I really don't understand the hate over there.
                I also heard it and i question myself: why can't they live together.

I really don't understand it, but maybe it's just me.

Anyway stay safe over there!
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Marcel, just think about the French and the Germans 100 years ago. Take that, multiply by 3000 years for the Jews, 1600 for the Muslims, divide into 48, add 67, drop in some pig's head and testicles, spice it by some holy books, and you're done.
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Not to highjack the thread but Daniel who is that on your avatar?
                    Andrew

Comment

Hey guys, I just found out that one of the real estate agents here that is originally from Israel had left last Saturday with her two daughters heading for Haifa. She was going to visit her family but the way things are going I'm not sure she made it all the way there. Kinda different when it hit closer to home.

And on Andrew's light note: Soup Nazi
                      Regards,
                      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Yeah JeremyW, Haifa's got some nasty hits these past days. Today these bastards tried to shoot a long range missle towards the central part of the country, but it seems that our Air Force has shot it down while it was launched.

I really hope it ends not sooner then we get rid of these terrorists.
                        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: War! (No question)

Stay safe. May g-d help you through this troubling time.

Comment

Hi,

Really worried about Israeli families right now. Watching the news and getting really angry, I feel Americans need to help. Time to send a message to these damn terrorists that we will not stand for this. We have US Naval destroyers standing by but we need to do more. If I was in charge I would order a strike to all 3 fronts but that's because I am mad. I hope the fighting will stop but I think it will get worse if Iran keeps backing the Hezbollah. Iran is already on our hitlist and if Bush was smart he would be withdrawing forces in Iraq and redirecting attention to our friends in the holy land.

may god be with all of you
                            ITPro
                            MCSE, CCNA

Comment

No! The US doesn't need another war, we're already in Iraq and Afghanistan. Israel doesn't need our help anyway, they're already kicking ass. Israel has cutting edge arms while Hezbollah is stuck in the 1980s - look at the death toll and you can see there is an obvious sway in Israel's favor.

I agree Hezbollah is bad and something needed to be done but what does that have to do with the US? I know we stick our nose in other peoples shit all the time but maybe it's time we stopped and quit being the police officers of the world.

Originally posted by itpro
                              ...I feel Americans need to help...
                              Last edited by ahinson; 20th July 2006, 05:34.
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X