Hello Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Hello. I have been lurking here for a while now and it is a good source of info. Good job!!!

This seems like a good source for questions about Servers , AD, Exhange and other server based areas. One thing I don't see and it is a huge area is anything for SQL. My primary position at work is as a admin for a 2000/2003 server network but I am being cross trained and picking up more and more responsibilities with MS SQL. Does any one know of any good SQL forums/sites? I have been looking for a while but not found anything that can compare to a site like this. I will still be around for areas that are covered here. I guess I'm looking at some more coverage.

Thanks

Dave

Re: Hello Everyone

You told you are using MS SQL,but you didn't tell your Work area?Why are you using MS SQL Programming(for asp,.NET ) or use it's power in database solutions. Better to Use Microsft specific forums.

Notice: It's better to choose Title for your thread thats in relation with your request.Here is not chartoom or feedback form

Comment

Originally posted by S2002
      You told you are using MS SQL,but you didn't tell your Work area?Why are you using MS SQL Programming(for asp,.NET ) or use it's power in database solutions. Better to Use Microsft specific forums.

Notice: It's better to choose Title for your thread thats in relation with your request.Here is not chartoom or feedback form
      But he is in the coffee lounge!!!
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Don't know of any SQL sites because i don't use it at work or home so can't help you on that.

Hope you stay and share your knowledge with us.

Comment

Originally posted by S2002

Well I titled it as it started out as a general hello...

95% of my daily work revolves around things that this site provides support with. I work for a county government in MN. I think we currently have just under 100 different SQL databases doing just about anything you could think of. My support of SQL takes up less than 5% of my work week but it is also the area that I am the weakest in. We have programmers in our IT shop that handle all the programming aspects my exposure is simply for maintaining, backing up, and restoring the databases. I am the backup to our main DB Admin and he does really all the management there. If he were to leave or go on vacation I would likely have to step in to support the systems. So really I don't have any specific questions or areas that I'm trying to focus on. This site is pretty broad but doesn't get into SQL as far as I have seen. Like I mentioned before I do plan on sticking around for the areas that you do focus on and was just wondering if there is anyone out there that knew of any great SQL sites. I have been on MS site and use that for info as well but I would just like to know about other sites if they exist so that I have more resources should I have to resolve an issue that I can't find anything on MS that resolves it.

Comment

Originally posted by sennister
            Well I titled it as it started out as a general hello...

95% of my daily work revolves around things that this site provides support with. I work for a county government in MN. I think we currently have just under 100 different SQL databases doing just about anything you could think of. My support of SQL takes up less than 5% of my work week but it is also the area that I am the weakest in. We have programmers in our IT shop that handle all the programming aspects my exposure is simply for maintaining, backing up, and restoring the databases. I am the backup to our main DB Admin and he does really all the management there. If he were to leave or go on vacation I would likely have to step in to support the systems. So really I don't have any specific questions or areas that I'm trying to focus on. This site is pretty broad but doesn't get into SQL as far as I have seen. Like I mentioned before I do plan on sticking around for the areas that you do focus on and was just wondering if there is anyone out there that knew of any great SQL sites. I have been on MS site and use that for info as well but I would just like to know about other sites if they exist so that I have more resources should I have to resolve an issue that I can't find anything on MS that resolves it.

This area is for general chat and saying hello. Unfortunately there are no forums specifically aimed at SQL but that is not to say there are no guru's here.

Ask any questions you need as there may well be someone to help.

Comment

Hi Sennister, how is the fishing? Aren't you the state that has 10,000 lakes? Hope you hang around (especially son I can pick up some SQL hints) and enjoy the forums and this Lounge "Chatroom".
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
                Hi Sennister, how is the fishing? Aren't you the state that has 10,000 lakes? Hope you hang around (especially son I can pick up some SQL hints) and enjoy the forums and this Lounge "Chatroom".

Yes we are known as the land of 10,000 lakes but that isn't 100% true. There is always the debate on how big a pond can be before it is called a lake. But the last count that I recall seeing there is actually over 23,000 lakes.

Comment

Working...
                X