Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the new Petri.com! Feedback wanted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the new Petri.com! Feedback wanted.

Hi All -

As some of you have likely already noticed, we recently launched an all-new Petri.com wesbite featuring a revamped design, more content topics, and a number of other improvements.

Speaking of improvements, we want to get your feedback on the new site, with comments from the "That's awesome!" to "That needs improvement!" ends of the spectrum equally welcome.

So feel free to sound off in reply to this post.
    • Do you like the new site design?
    • Are there any topics we should be covering more (or less) of?
    • Any other comments on how we can improve both the content site and the Petri forums?

Also: As a thank you for Petri IT Knowledgebase readers and forum members, we've also launched the "Petri IT Hero" contest that allows IT professionals to nominate peers and mentors that have made a difference in their IT careers.

The best part of the contest? Both the final winner and the person that nominated them will win an Xbox One video game console, so be sure to check out all the contest details here.

Kind regards,

- Jeff
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Jeff James
    Editorial Director, Content and Community - www.petri.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeffjames3
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffjames3

Re: Welcome to the new Petri.com! Feedback wanted.

i didnt know any of this was happening because i just left Jacksonville and moved to Tampa... i just had some free time and figured that i would logon to check out some threads and help some people out, but then i see the link for this thread..

Tight work! now, ill always have a softspot for the original, but the layout is niiiice! i like the clean layout and the feeds are organized well!

am i to assume the RSS has been changed as well? i wish i had been using the RSS recently so i could see for myself...

good job and keep all the good work!

petri rocks! always has, always will!
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: Welcome to the new Petri.com! Feedback wanted.

Originally posted by James Haynes View Post
      i didnt know any of this was happening because i just left Jacksonville and moved to Tampa... i just had some free time and figured that i would logon to check out some threads and help some people out, but then i see the link for this thread..

Tight work! now, ill always have a softspot for the original, but the layout is niiiice! i like the clean layout and the feeds are organized well!

am i to assume the RSS has been changed as well? i wish i had been using the RSS recently so i could see for myself...

good job and keep all the good work!

petri rocks! always has, always will!

Glad you're appreciating it. We still have some things to tweak, like any website it's an ongoing process.

Regarding the RSS feed, frankly there isn't a ton you can do with RSS feeds but we are playing with the lengths of the feed.

Do you have any specific feedback (pun intended)?
      Tim Speciale
      Director, Technology and Business Operations
      Blue Whale Web, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X