Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the dead (kind of)

Hello there long time no see.

With being chronically understaffed and the release of new products meaning the workload has increased, I've found myself working 12 hour days (including some time in the office most Saturdays and Sundays), so all I've really done when I'm actually at home is sleep...

Still, in 5 weeks I'll have a padawan under me to deal with some of the kak.

How is everyone?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Back from the dead (kind of)

Welcome back, m8 -- good to hear from you again
    Sleep... where in your contract does it mention sleep?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      good to hear from you again
      Likewise Sir!

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Sleep... where in your contract does it mention sleep?
      The full clause goes something like this

Code:
      Sleep no more! This job does murder sleep, the customer-free sleep. Still we cry "Sleep no more!" to all the department. The Director hath murder'd sleep and therefore support engineers shall sleep no more.
      Or something like that, I'm kind of sleep deprived right now
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Good to see you back Sir, we've been worryingly on topic in most threads round these parts.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X