Beware the Linux users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware the Linux users

In case you haven't checked out The Nubby Admin's blog. http://thenubbyadmin.com/2012/03/30/...ver-will-cras/
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: Beware the Linux users

I'll admit that i'm not too much of a Linux user, but I do plan to run Open SuSE in future. That's just ... wow! Sorry, but no using toilet water to cool my equipment. LOL!

Comment

I am oddly reminded of the public toilet scene in Trainspotting when I see that.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Have a look at the side of the toilet reservoir; all the iron or tannin he pump in his water block. Aside it will grow algae in the hose and block too, aside is power supply is open, no comment
        Last edited by aqualab; 16th April 2012, 03:10.

Comment

I think if you look closely, the toilet cistern is being used as a heat exchanger, so the water-cooler is closed circuit. Obviously a sudden, unexpected, flush could cause major overheating problems
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            I think if you look closely, the toilet cistern is being used as a heat exchanger, so the water-cooler is closed circuit. Obviously a sudden, unexpected, flush could cause major overheating problems
            Ossian look closely, you can see the grey pump on one of the pic, the guy really get the water in the toilet bowl and return it after it pass on the CPU block.
            Last edited by aqualab; 16th April 2012, 19:49.

Comment

There is an image that shows lots and lots of bubbles eminating from the pump. As long as the inlet stays in the water remaining after a flush it should be ok. As aqualab (with a name like that you should have this sort of setup ) mentions above, the block and pipes are more than likely going to get all sorts of goo in them. Water flow will stop on one side of the wall given time.

Then....... Click image for larger version

Name:	shithittingfan.gif
Views:	6
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	466497
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X