PI/PL - How much is enough ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PI/PL - How much is enough ?

for those of you out there who run your own small businesses, or consulting firms, or whatever,

How much PI/PL cover do you have? I'm struggling trying to work out exactly what I might need... I can start at 1M/1M and keep going up.. but I dunno if 1 is enough, or 5 is too much, etc.

any thoughts ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: PI/PL - How much is enough ?

I suspect it depends on the country you are in -- IIRC I have GBP 2mill, but that may be employer liability vs Professional Indemnity

Get your accountant / local Chamber of Commerce / trade association to advise you

Do you have an equivalent of the UK Federation of Small Businesses? cheap membership and useful legal cover and a lot of other benefits
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Are you talking about Indemnity Insurance?

Comment

yea, professional indemnity and public liability

thanks for your feedback - i do plan on checking out the chamber of commerce...
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          yea, professional indemnity and public liability

thanks for your feedback - i do plan on checking out the chamber of commerce...
          Mine is 1m. Although like Ossian said if you have a Ltd company you may already have access to that advice or at least from your local Chamber of Commerce.

Comment

Working...
          X