Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you admins deal with Office questions\scenarios?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you admins deal with Office questions\scenarios?

Im not the best when it comes to MS Office applications, especially Access. Just wondering how other admins deal with these sort of requests? I've joined certain forums and asked questions but there's not always the answers you want there.

Cheers

Re: How do you admins deal with Office questions\scenarios?

We have 2 Office forums here, so ask away.
    In general, most admins have some knowledge of Office and specific questions can be asked in e.g. the social.microsoft.com newsgroups. SQL Server people tend to be good sources of Access information
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I pass all my questions to the new guy

I have to be honest that my office skills, and most would say server as well, are pretty poor.

I just don't have the time or inclination to learn it.

Comment

I worked in the SMB area, so I had to be able to answer any and all office questions, but, TBH, unless you work in a massive company (with say an IT department of 20+) you should know how to use office.

Also, as an admin, you REALLY should know how to use Access/SQL, becuse.... well its SQL.

Being an admin is not so much about knowing everything, and more about knowing how to find it. Anyone asks me an office question I can answer, I will google it, and you should be able to find the answer.

Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

i am also handling the office questions and for this i had to learn Microsoft office access, and also sql drivers. and you must know how change language in office

Comment

Working...
          X