Kindle, or "Well, I'll be dipped in...."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle, or "Well, I'll be dipped in...."

Recently treated myself to a Kindle 3G and found that its (albeit basic) web browsing allows me not only to come here, but also to run OWA for my Exchange 2010 server and send and manipulate emails.

And of course, the access is all FREE, and worldwide , courtesy of those nice people at Amazon

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I was surprised at how powerful it actually was. Next holiday will be much, much easier on the budget.

Now to see if She Who Must Be Obeyed can get Facebook and Farmville on it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Kindle, or "Well, I'll be dipped in...."

I love it, Next time I have someone come in and tell me we have to get them a iPad so they can check there email.... Kindle here they come!!!!!

Does the OWA only work with 2010? Or is that all youve tested on.

Sorry, excited, as this will shut some sales people up.

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

All I've tested it on, but I doubt if others will be different
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Works on 2003 and 2007. Just keep in mind that browsing over Whispernet is pretty slow - wireless is better.

Performance on the two new models may be greatly improved
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          Works on 2003 and 2007. Just keep in mind that browsing over Whispernet is pretty slow - wireless is better.

Performance on the two new models may be greatly improved
          He he he, this is awesome.

Not so much that I will use it, but more in a way of shutting sales people up who demand an iPad to check there emails on. Give them a kindle and watch there faces melt... Oh I love being mean to sales people.

Thanks,
          Wofen
          Good to be back....

Comment

Agree its slow, clunky, but for overseas, when roaming data costs an arm and a leg, the price is definitely right
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X