Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video resumes

<spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm>
    Last edited by Wired; 22nd June 2011, 04:54. Reason: <SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMM>

Re: video resumes

Yea, No.
    Apart from this post being, in all likelyhood, spam, I would never provide a video CV personally.
    I would also, in all likelyhood, unless I had a very compelling reason, NOT screen a video CV.

The reason I wouldn't really consider it as a hiring manager is, I need to be able to scan a CV, and make yes/no/maybe decisions, in under 60 seconds, before going on to screen the yes/maybe piles.
    Your video is going to take me longer than 60 seconds. It's likely to take me up to 30 seconds just to get the video going - put the disk in, start the disk, hope I have the right codecs, hope my speakers are turned up. That's assuming I'm even reviewing CVs in a room with electronic equipment.

It's just WAY, WAY too complicated.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Agree, probably spam, but lets give him/her/it enough rope to hang themselves!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

He already did. His email address was [email protected]***. That company makes that software. Also, I googled the post and found the identical text across various forums.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMM = BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNEEEEDDDD!!!
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

it is an interesting discussion topic though, no ?

my wife works for a recruitment firm.. i was talkin to her about this last night, and she said she'd only really consider it as a follow up, if she'd already seen a paper CV
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X