insurance as a consultant/contractor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance as a consultant/contractor

ok not sure if anyone can answer, but i'll give it a go.

when setting up a small business as a contractor/consultant etc, does any have a rough guide as to the costs of Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance (in australia?)

?I don't wanna ring and speak to insurance agents yet because i'm still just planning, but want a rough idea..

would really aprpeciate some feedback....
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: insurance as a consultant/contractor

IMHO go to the horses mouth on this and speak to a good broker. Any other advice will be akin to hearsay.

So when are you going back? (had enough of the British winter???? )
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It was just under $900 11 years ago. Can't remember the company.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

just academic at this point - things im working on my spare time

dunno when/if we're coming back - and I like the cold, and the snow
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Well you will really be missing the weather here right now. We have had a pommie summer. I had to tuen the ducted heating on the last 3 days, yes, DAYS. The nights were even colder. I am so over the Melbourne weather. Lawn hasn't been mowed for 4 weeks because it rains 3 or 4 times a week. Effing stuff is always wet!!
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Does the phrase "builds character" mean anything?

I've had to scrape ice off the car when it's been -15, so I'm afraid I can't really offer much sympathy for it being a bit chilly and damp
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

And I have dropped skydivers from 6,500' and the OAT (Outside Air Temp) was -16. Add in the windchill factor due to an 80kt airspeed and your -15 loses. Took me over 30 minutes after landing that I started getting feeling back into my hands and I was wearing real warm gloves.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hmm. That *is* a little chillsy. USB hand warmer required
                Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
                X