Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Desktops - Post your Desktop!

Hi All..
    Post here your desktop for this month (end october).
    i want that the monthly desktop topic would be a tradition here - every month - new topic.

I start with me:

Please sticky this topic.
    Last edited by Aviram; 23rd October 2005, 22:59.

Re: October Desktops - Post your Desktop!

I run a very clean setup.
    Attached Files
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson
      I run a very clean setup.

Ok, where did you hide everything? I can see Outlook open in the system tray.
      Last edited by biggles77; 24th October 2005, 06:16.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
        Ok, where did you hide everything? I can see Outlook open in the system tray.
        Outlook is set to hide when minimized.
        Attached Files
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Slick!! Never noticed that option before but using it now though. Thanks Andrew. :bow:
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

ahinson - You two with IE7? cool.. =]
            Great browser, i like him.

Comment

Dull eh?.....
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tonyyeb; 24th October 2005, 10:28.
              Server 2000 MCP
              Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aviram
                ahinson - You two with IE7? cool.. =]
                Great browser, i like him.
                IE7 works pretty good most of the time. It does have some serious problems though. Namely, when loading pages that are very long the browser will stop responding. For example if I goto my news provider's website and click the link to list all news groups IE7 will hang while the page loads. This doesn't occur with IE6 or Firefox.

Other than that it's great. I prefer IE over Firefox though so I don't use it.
                Andrew

Comment

My desktop is not as interesting as the creative masterpieces posted by ahinson and tonyyeb, but maybe one day I'll learn how to do something about that.

XP Home, patched uxtheme.dll to run the Scribbles visual style, startbutton altered by editing explorer.exe with ResourceHacker:

make xp behave:

Comment

Well ok, here is mine:
                    Attached Files
                    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

OK, now that we have a couple of screenshots let's do some quick'n'dirty psychoanalysis.

ahinson: 'Ahinson' must mean 'shy' in at least 6 different languages. Who else would take a screenshot of his/her desktop, paste it into photoshop, and draw a big blue (symbolic color) rectangle to wash out anything personal like icons, windows, or the fact that the 'My Documents' folder has been renamed to 'There's nothing to see in here. No really, nothing. Please go away.'

tonyyeb: Wannabe old-skool communist. The Red Book on his taskbar (taskbar... that word alone proves that Windows was designed by a Soviet committee back in 1983). He'd love to change his standard issue wallpaper into the good ol' hammer, sickle, and star flag and he has filed a signed and stamped approval request form to that effect. In triplicate. Did I already mention those two shortcuts to the Hermitage in St. Petersburg (sorry Tonsky, in Leningrad of course).

666: A perverted devil. The forumite from hell. Satan himself. Here on petri.co to seize the souls of the naive and desperate. No surprise, is it? Who else would have a folder on his desktop labeled 'BURN THIS' - all caps! And he's going to install a Mac emulator. On a Windows box!

danielp: Ultra-boring übernerd. Total lack of personality. 'My Computer,' 'My Documents,' 'Recycle Bin,' all with their default names and icons. Who else would listen to six Pink Floyd tracks in a row? IE icon on his desktop and quick launch bar. A fresh install not tweaked yet? But who would install a sidebar before taking care of more important things? And then there's a command prompt shortcut in his quick launch bar! Guilty as charged.
                      make xp behave:

Comment

Originally posted by 666
                        666: A perverted devil. The forumite from hell. Satan himself. Here on petri.co to seize the souls of the naive and desperate. No surprise, is it? Who else would have a folder on his desktop labeled 'BURN THIS' - all caps! And he's going to install a Mac emulator. On a Windows box!...
                        I had you pegged as an african american because you like big booties and you can not lie.
                        Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson
                          I had you pegged as an african american because you like big booties and you can not lie.
                          I guess you could call that a 1st Down.
                          1 1 was a racehorse.
                          2 2 was 1 2.
                          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Some refreshing humor from a casual member!

And my desktop is 'work' styled. And im no commie! I wish i was!
                            Server 2000 MCP
                            Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

my desktop is Tooo Dull ...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X