"project based" CV?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "project based" CV?

So i want to start trying to score some work from Freelancer.com.
    I've got a CV that's prtty good for job hunting, at least as far as I'm concerned. It got me a job anyway.

Anyway. I'd like to offer soemthing other than my standard resume when I submit bids.

something along the lines of the following headers
    Product Specialities
    Technical Certifications
    Completed Projects
    References

Does anyone have any thoughts on project cvs like this?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: "project based" CV?

As long as you can fit it all into 2 pages MAXIMUM. I remember a recruiter telling me that they spent 30 seconds per resume. You need to have a WOW factor in there to make it stand out. Coloured paper is NOT a WOW factor.

What you got so far? I seem to remember a draft being posted when you first arrived in the land of the least soap usage.

Any plan on when you may be heading back or do you think you can survive another Melbourne winter (eg; Pommie summer and warm beer Click image for larger version

Name:	vomit.gif
Views:	8
Size:	992 Bytes
ID:	464629 )
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

this is a little different to the one i had months back you were helpin me with
      I did a whole heap of work on that over the summer while we were training around, and it worked
      this one isn't for recruiters, but people who are posting short term freelance work on freelancer.com

i don't really have anything yet.. I don't have time
      ppossibly be back by this time next year, just depends on what the other half wants..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel
        just depends on what the other half wants..
        Very dangerous posting phrases like that now that I am off my mind numbing medication. Click image for larger version

Name:	acclaim.gif
Views:	8
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	464638

Make sure you get some OE that will make you a desirable candidate when you return to OZ. It makes a huge difference having that OE to the perception of your capabilities when you apply for positions back here.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I had 2 versions of my CV, one tailored towards general support jobs and where I was applying for more hardware oriented jobs I had one emphasising my hardware/cabling experience.

I do often tweak depending on the job description and what they classify as a must or a "nice to have."
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
          X