Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

    http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/ap...hone-bricking/

    While the iPhone has some useful features, I am sick and tired of the control and restrictions Apple has placed on this phone and now he want to make it worse. Who owns the iPhone, me who was stupid enough to pay several hundred dollars for it or Apple?
    I am tired of having to have iTunes bloatware on my laptop so I can move files on or off the phone.
    I am sick and tired of how slower the iPhone gets with each update; well let's be honest, update is incorrect as it is a complete IOS install. Last iPhone "update" was 305MB. Holy shit, Windows 98SE wasn't that big.

    Steve if you will cover the postage I have a 3G suppository waiting here for you.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

  • #2
    Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

    Amen, brother.

    The holier than thou attitude of iDiots to everything made by M$ (their spelling, not mine) really pisses me off. I can't believe the anti-trust suits against Microsoft for tying WMP and IE into the OS when Apple get away with tying iPhones and iPods to iTunes. And all the bloatware that installs with iTunes is ridiculous. iTunes is the reason I don't own an iPod.

    I'm willing to bet, at least as far as Apple are concerned, your iPhone is their property and you pay an exorbitant fee to license it for use.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

      Originally posted by cruachan View Post
      Amen, brother.

      The holier than thou attitude of iDiots to everything made by M$ (their spelling, not mine) really pisses me off. I can't believe the anti-trust suits against Microsoft for tying WMP and IE into the OS when Apple get away with tying iPhones and iPods to iTunes. And all the bloatware that installs with iTunes is ridiculous. iTunes is the reason I don't own an iPod.

      I'm willing to bet, at least as far as Apple are concerned, your iPhone is their property and you pay an exorbitant fee to license it for use.
      It may as well be. Despite their fans paying a hefty price tag for what is essentially a toy with extra lipstick and gloss Jobs is now pushing through a bill that will allow Apple to disable phones that they presume have been jail broken.
      Jobs is nothing more than an extremely deluded man with a classic case of Small fish big pond syndrome.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

        Guess I shouldn't have bought the new iPod Touch and AppleTV then, eh? Last Apple product I bought before this was back in the 90s.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

          I agree with biggles 100 & 10 percent.

          I bought 2nd hand iPod touch 3g 2 weeks back for tetsing as I never used any music player from Apple.

          I upgraded to iOS 4.0.x and then slowly journey of problems begun.
          4.0.x iOS eats up battery drastically fast when using wi-fi.
          Just 4 days back I upgraded to newly available 4.1 iOS.
          Now when my iPod is in sleep mode/screen off mode, many app goes off and wi-fi goes off as well. I checked and same problem many users already facing.

          iTunes is very crazy. I use TransCopy freeware copy to manage iPod.

          I am in mood to order Zune HD from US any soon. Any1 using Zune here? Just want to know how screen size differs when watching movie on Zune Vs Ipod. Is the screen reasonably looks small in Zune while watching movie compare to on iPod touch?
          All in 1
          Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

            Originally posted by cruachan View Post
            I'm willing to bet, at least as far as Apple are concerned, your iPhone is their property and you pay an exorbitant fee to license it for use.
            Pretty much says it all right there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

              I have a rant as well ...

              Trying to get into some iPhone app development (lots of money there), but one problem ... I need to have a Mac! How Fuped is that?!
              And the cheapest Mac I can buy is 900 euros ...

              Damn you Jobs!
              MCITP: EA

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

                Originally posted by Balkan View Post
                I have a rant as well ...

                Trying to get into some iPhone app development (lots of money there), but one problem ... I need to have a Mac! How Fuped is that?!
                And the cheapest Mac I can buy is 900 euros ...

                Damn you Jobs!
                Its an Apple product m8 what did you expect lol.

                Did you honestly think they'd let you develop an Apple app on a windows platform???

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

                  Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                  Did you honestly think they'd let you develop an Apple app on a windows platform???
                  I had hope in the Apple community
                  But, I guess if you want to pick fruit from the "Apple" tree, you need an "Apple"..
                  MCITP: EA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

                    As I usually say. Apple is for rich and morons

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

                      I must be a rich moron then

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

                        Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                        I must be a rich moron then
                        Then you MUST be interested in purchasing the full share of a very large metal bridge that I own. It is located in Brisbane and is conviently anchored to each side of a river bank so it doesn't float away.

                        Time limited offer so contact me immediately and if you call within an hour I shall throw in the coathanger shaped bridge in Sydney (PLUS a set of steak knives). Click image for larger version

Name:	alcool.gif
Views:	3
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	464593
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

                          You could put it on your Lunar estate
                          Tom Jones
                          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

                          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

                            Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                            Then you MUST be interested in purchasing the full share of a very large metal bridge that I own. It is located in Brisbane and is conviently anchored to each side of a river bank so it doesn't float away.

                            Time limited offer so contact me immediately and if you call within an hour I shall throw in the coathanger shaped bridge in Sydney (PLUS a set of steak knives). [ATTACH]4324[/ATTACH]
                            Sold.

                            $50 inc postage cover it

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Who the hell does Steve Jobs think he is?

                              Steve also has very bad customer service.



                              Emails from Steve Jobs
                              "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

                              "The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

                              A+ CE

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X