Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A (nother) Good Reason To NOT Use AVG Anymore.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A (nother) Good Reason To NOT Use AVG Anymore.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10...ring_analysis/

Maybe all computer users show start a concerted effort to flood cyberspace with as much rubbish as it is possible with the eventual aim of information overload to all the data sucking scum. We could all buy shares in HDD manufacturers and retire comfortably.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

You're right. I think this will come back and bite them on the bum. 'Anonymised' data is never truly anonymised - as the article states, such data is useless unless there is some way to put it into context i.e. associated it with a personal profile.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Wonder if they will share the data of their PAYING customers? As much as I dislike them sharing the "free downloaders" data, as a paying customer I would be livid. When I was using AVG's free version I wouldn't have minded them peppering the app with advertising because they are after all a business and do need some return on their product to make a profit and improve it. Fair's fair.

What other companies are sharing their customers data for profit? There should be a list somewhere and it's really not fair just to pick on AVG for this. Let's pick on them all.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X