Traveling to Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to Saudi Arabia

My company has plans to send me and a few of my co-workers to SA. We're going to install our lab system in a hospital as well as provide our expertise in building some additional modules to the system as consultants. My wife is worried about the tension in the region and the "general dislike of Americans" abroad (her words).

It's a good opportunity for me, so I'm considering it because I stand to make 3 times my normal annual salary if I agree to participate in the project. I'd like to set her at ease so if you have first hand experience living or working there as a foreign national please tell me about it.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Traveling to Saudi Arabia

Andrew I have sent you a PM with an address that may help with your query.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I don't want to scare you off, but if you'd like, I could set you up with some members of the Bin Laden family.

Anyway, is she coming to? If not, it'll be much easier for you.

Also, tell her that your life insurance will triple. Most wifes will not only suddenly approve, but they will actually send their husbands do join the marines and go to Iraq if they'd hear that, and drive them to the airport just to make sure they got on the right plane...

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

No, there's no plans for her to go.

I've actually heard the opposite about life insurance. Because the US State Dept. is warning against travel to SA most insurance companies won't pay claims becasue you ignored warnings to go there then died in what is considered a hostile country.

Right now, the only person we've been in touch with isn't even from SA, he's Palestinian. Anyway the whole thing is up in the air at the moment but it may happen. If I do end up going I'll make sure to flush the air plane toilet as we pass over Israel .

Originally posted by danielp
          I don't want to scare you off, but if you'd like, I could set you up with some members of the Bin Laden family.

Anyway, is she coming to? If not, it'll be much easier for you.

Also, tell her that your life insurance will triple. Most wifes will not only suddenly approve, but they will actually send their husbands do join the marines and go to Iraq if they'd hear that, and drive them to the airport just to make sure they got on the right plane...

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson
            If I do end up going I'll make sure to flush the air plane toilet as we pass over Israel .
            No flight that goes to SA ever passes directly over Israel. The one time someone did it, they got shot out of the sky (it was back in the 70s, I think no one has ever tried it again). However, flights that go to Jordan or Egypt can go over some parts of Israel, or so I think I've heard.

Anyway, have fun. I know of some people who did the switch for a year or two, and if you can stand the heat, you've making a good deal.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X