Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Certifications - Are they really worth it now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Certifications - Are they really worth it now?

Six year old passes Cert Exam.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

You do wonder, then reading further and its a Microsoft Office certification, not a technical exam....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

These are credentials that are always useful to have. If you can afford it and if it is related to your field, it is definitely something to be pursued. You never know when you will need it and if it is in your field, it will look good in your resume.

Comment

Always useful to have, but I feel they are slowly losing their value.

Comment

The expectation still seems to be there for techies to have them. I applied for a job recently and was rejected straight away. The reason, despite my MCSE 2003 and MCSA 2008 and 2012 which was in excess of listed technical requirements I don't have either an ITIL qualification or, hilariously, Prince2 which is a project management certification. The latter 2 were not listed in the job spec on the advert and the recruitment consultant wouldn't explain why Prince2 was necessary for a technical job.
          Last edited by cruachan; 22nd July 2015, 22:14.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Sounds like that company is a good one to miss out on. I imagine they would take someone who has the correct papers but no experience on the applications. Have seen that happen before and had to wonder.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Prince2 and ITIL are closely related. Both have to do with methodology of managing, documentation, and processes.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
              X