Happy Sysadmin Day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Sysadmin Day!

Title says it all anybody's bosses aware of the significance of the last Friday in July?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Happy Sysadmin Day!

Just emailed him lol Thanks for the heads up! Too bad I just started this job 2 weeks ago, not vested enough to get showered with gifts!

OTOH I am dealing with AVG false positives today and a FUBAR'd mail box...
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Nice, as I am contracting atm, not sure this applies to me

One for next year methinx *puts into diary*
      Steven Roberts
      IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply folks, but I've had a day of being showered with champagne, chocolates, single malt and some of the more attractive female staff, as all the (l)users tried to show their appreciation of the difficult and demanding work we SysAdmins do :lol
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

LOL, never heard of this 'day'... is it typical American or world-wide ?

Starting to like the idea though to have this annual celebration

Comment

International: http://www.sysadminday.com

Comment

I don't think this day will be ever as appreciated like secretary day.
              Instead taking work away of your managers, you most likely give more work to your management. And most of the time IT costs.
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                Sorry for the late reply folks, but I've had a day of being showered with champagne, chocolates, single malt and some of the more attractive female staff, as all the (l)users tried to show their appreciation of the difficult and demanding work we SysAdmins do
                You should really see someone about those hallucinations
                Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                  Sorry for the late reply folks, but I've had a day of being showered with champagne, chocolates, single malt and some of the more attractive female staff, as all the (l)users tried to show their appreciation of the difficult and demanding work we SysAdmins do :lol
                  And what time did you wake up and terminate your dream.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You're all just jealous
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

So is this awesomeness factory you call "work" hiring?
                      Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                      X