This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Upgrade / Bug Reports

As you all may have noticed, the forums have had a complete overhaul/upgrade. Although there has been extensive testing, there may still be some bugs. If you find anything unusual happening, please post on this thread, with screen shots if you can. If you can also say what client OS / Browser you are using, that will help

-----

Ongoing Reports & Updates
    -Listed in order of report date (oldest first)
    -Resolved issues pushed to bottom
    Last Update: 4/29/2015 @ 12:08 CST

Excessive space in posts with minimal content
    Reported 4/29/15 by Biggles77 | Un-addressed

User "online status" displaying as "online" for all users
    Reported 4/29 by Biggles77 | Un-addressed

Old Thread Subscriptions may not be working
    Reported 4/29 by Ser Olmy | Un-addressed (issue recanted 4/29)

The introductory information about how to name your threads is missing the example 'titles'. Using I.E. 11 on Win 7 64bit.
    Reported 4/29 by Blood | Un-Addressed

Introduction information overwhelming and redundant
    Reported 4/29 by Blood | Discussed

Thread navigation is clunky
    Reported 4/29 by Blood | Discussed

"New Posts" not working
    Reported 4/29 by Ser Olmy | Addressed 4/29

MVM title icon missing. Username not centered on those awarded an MVM. -Biggles77
    Reported 4/29 by Biggles77 | Fixed 4/29
    Last edited by Tim Speciale; 4th May 2015, 13:30.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

If anyone has issues posting to this thread and can't report a bug here, please send an email to [email protected].
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

MVM title icon missing. Username not centered on those awarded an MVM.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Tooooooo much bloody blank space in posts with less than 10 lines of text.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          MVM title icon missing. Username not centered on those awarded an MVM.

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
          Tim Speciale
          Director, Technology and Business Operations
          Blue Whale Web, Inc.

Comment

The green is online now icon in the bottom left corner of the left side partition with username, avatar etc seems to be stuck on everyone being online all the time.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	vB-5-02.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	489338
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

The "New" filter doesn't seem to do anything useful. Prior to the upgrade, I logged in at least once a day and read/skimmed all "new" posts (there used to be this really nice link from the main forum page, and I also seem to remember a very useful menu ...), but when I use the "new" filter on the "latest avtivity" tab, I get pages and pages of posts dating back months.

The "subscriptions" tab is empty. I'm pretty sure I used to be subscribed to a few dozen threads.

The login menu doesn't appear in Pale Moon (a Firefox-based browser), so I had to use IE to post this message.

Edit: Now I can log in using Pale Moon, and the "my subscriptions" tab is no longer empty. That leaves only the "new" filter, which is still returning lots of old threads that I know I've read.
              Last edited by Ser Olmy; 29th April 2015, 14:52.

Comment

The introductory information about how to name your threads is missing the example 'titles'. Using I.E. 11 on Win 7 64bit.
                A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Argh! And does this introductory information need to be at the top of every single page? Main Forum page - Yes, Sub-forum group - Perhaps, Thread page - getting a little fed-up with seeing this again and again and again.

Comment

Regarding navigation from one thread to another in the same sub-forum, I can't see next/previous thread buttons/links on the thread pages. Do we have to go back up to the thread list then click the next unread thread to read it? Or, is I.E. on my machine not displaying this properly...

Comment

One last thing, and this is a personal preference... I find the new layout very clinical. The stark white background glares out from the screen. The blue of the old boards was relaxing and easy on the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Olmy View Post
                        The "New" filter doesn't seem to do anything useful. Prior to the upgrade, I logged in at least once a day and read/skimmed all "new" posts (there used to be this really nice link from the main forum page, and I also seem to remember a very useful menu ...), but when I use the "new" filter on the "latest avtivity" tab, I get pages and pages of posts dating back months.
                        If you click on the "Mark Channel Read" link on the home page it should mark the entire forum as read, thus making the "new posts" link work.
                        Tim Speciale
                        Blue Whale Web, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
                          Regarding navigation from one thread to another in the same sub-forum, I can't see next/previous thread buttons/links on the thread pages. Do we have to go back up to the thread list then click the next unread thread to read it? Or, is I.E. on my machine not displaying this properly...

I don't disagree with you at all. This was actually in place on the old forum too though, I think it was just less visible. I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps show it only once?
                          Tim Speciale
                          Blue Whale Web, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
                            Let me take an eagle-eye look at this later tonight. I'll get back with you. Keep in mind, none of this layout stuff is finalized by any stretch.

I'm flying out of town for a wedding for the next few days, so don't take it personally if I'm slow to respond.
                            Tim Speciale
                            Blue Whale Web, Inc.

Comment

There are no page numbers attached to posts so you have to start at page 1 and then click to the last page.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X