Apple unveil new generation of MacBook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple unveil new generation of MacBook

Apple have unveiled the next generation of MacBook laptops: the MacBook Wheel. In a bold move, the keyboard is replaced with an iPod-esque clickwheel. A company spokesman had this to say: "At Apple, our philosophy is to create products that are simple to use and nothing is more simple than a single giant button." "Everything is just a few hundred clicks away", an Apple representative enthused.

The product is expected to be released within the next year and many Apple users are rushing to pre-order. One enthusiast was too excited to be able to talk to us, expressing that he had to rush to the bank to remorgage his house, babbling "I don't care what it does or what it costs as long as it's shiny."

Full coverage of the release statement can be found here.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Apple unveil new generation of MacBook

I would rather see them fixing the iPhone 4 first...
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Well, they will give you a free case -- isn't that as good as fixing it?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The free cases, apparently, make it worse. Or at least, this is what I've heard from 5 different people now.
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

But they look really coooooool!!!!!!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Nah, you also won't buy a Ferrari if you can only steer to the right
            A phone should give you at least the ability to call especially if it will cost around €600...

I wanted to buy an iPhone but I think I go for Android. Any tips?
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

That Macbook wheel cracks me up. The IT Manager at one of our customers thought it was real.

Dumber: I set up an HTC Desire for one of our customers last week and it looks a really nice phone, lots of good features and easy to use. The only criticism I had, and this won't affect many people, is that Android supports multiple ActiveSync accounts but the Desire doesn't for some reason.

Personally I really like the HTC HD Mini, but I know not many people like WinMo and are waiting for Windows Phone 7.
              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I found it a cool video. Imagine, 19 minutes of battery life...

Nah, no windows on my phone. I need a stable situation rather then blue screens on my phone.
                In fact, a couple of years ago one of my colleagues had it during it's standby watch.
                Right now I've a nokia 3109c though I'm start missing some functionality for business use. Like an agenda/email which works at least with Exchange, Internet and wifi.

If I'm away, I use a Samsung b2100 which is waterproof so easy to clean if if drop it in the mud or sand or whatever
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                  But they look really coooooool!!!!!!
                  You and I clearly go to different Apple stores. The only way to describe the cases my local is handing out would be with a Frankie Boyle style rant, which would most likely get me banned.
                  Gareth Howells

Comment

I did have my fanboi beer-goggles on
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                      I did have my fanboi beer-goggles on
                      I was reading the Inquirer yesterday about the iPhone 4 story. They have moved on from referring to fanbois as Macolytes and now call them iDiots.
                      sigpic
                      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

And will in future, under the Tory regime of pay cuts and tax hikes, be known as "them geeks wot get paid too much innit"
                        Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                          I wanted to buy an iPhone but I think I go for Android. Any tips?
                          I just bought the Google Nexus One and will start playing when i return to Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                            I just bought the Google Nexus One and will start playing when i return to Oz.
                            Might be wrong, but aren't the Nexus One and the HTC Desire basically the same phone? Either way they do look rather nice though.
                            sigpic
                            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Yep as far as i'm led to believe they are identical underneath.

Comment

Working...
                              X