• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube outage

Anybody else noticed? Makes a nice change from GFail
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: YouTube outage

Explains why my internet access in the office is faster today.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

It was already out when I first tried to get onto it - the site was accessible, but trying to watch a video resulted in an internal server error - and it was out for another 10 minutes or so after that.
      Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Aaaaaand it's broken again
        Gareth Howells

Comment

Now if only that and In Your Facebook would both fail together. Lost major Net access to the school VPN and teachers were calling the techs almost crying that they were unable to update their pages. HUH?? I thought they were at school to teach students!
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

"I poked her first on Sunday... then she messaged me on Monday... so we slept together. It seemed like the right thing to do."

A decent proportion of my associates from university are now qualified teachers. Having seen what their social lives involve, judging by the evidence on Facebook, I'm going to homeschool my children.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

I personally Believe that youtube had to shut down due to the amount of rude photos uploaded on iPhone 4's given to 16 year olds by parents who think this is protecting there kids....

PS: My wifes a Teacher, and we have both given up on the education system and will be home schooling our kids. Schools used to be the place to learn how to interact with people, but these days they just teach pack mantailty.

Wofen
              Good to be back....

Comment

My mother was a teacher for 30 years, the last 6 of which were spent in a school where staff were routinely assaulted and one kid was caught with a hand gun. And this is in the UK - not exactly a country you think of when you talk about school kids packing heat. So she now runs her own private tuition centre. She comes from the generation that viewed teaching as a vocation. The new blood now seem to treat it as a career
                Gareth Howells

Comment

I was of the "teaching as a vocation" opinion, so got out when I did -- 10 years ago now
                  Really dont know what to do when my kids get to secondary level -- primary is still OK
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I know this thread is going but what the.....

Worked with a teacher who had a class in her first year that had 50 students. This was 40 odd years ago but everything was kept under control. When I was at school we all sat in rows facing the big blackboard at the front and if we didn't face the blackboard well, some of those teachers were a good shot with the piece of chalk hitting ones ear.

Now you are not even allowed to raise you voice at a student. Parents take their childrens word as gospel and verbally (some physically) attack teachers BEFORE finding out why little Johnny got a lunchtime detention.

Primary school, trouble student 6 years old. Teacher removed the NetBook because of behaviour and food being eaten while abusing said NetBook. Teacher kneels down to talk to student. Student swing full 600ml bottle of soft drink at teacher's head. Teacher was concussed. Teacher has to go to hospital 4 or 5 months later for an operation related to a leg injury sustained at school. Short story, her jaw dislocates and it was caused by the nice 6 year old assulting her.

I am of the opinion that ALL students when they finish school should spend 2 years doing compulsary military training. This is the only way discipline is going to be reintroduced back into society. Parents won't discipline their kids. Teachers aren't allowed too so where can they get it from.

In the good old days if you got caught doing something illegal (when you were a kid), the local cop, who everyone knew by first name, kicked your arse or gave you a slap on the back of the head (a la DiNozzo style) then took you home and you got the same from your parents, or worse. We turned out alright (apart from being very bad punsters, eh Tom ).

Now it is all hip hop crap and morons driving dooff dooff vehicles that can be heard several hundred miles away.

Holy crap, I have just graduated from being an old bastard to being a grumpy old bastard.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	bugger.GIF
Views:	10
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	464517 ... Click image for larger version

Name:	poo-explode.gif
Views:	3
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	464519 Click image for larger version

Name:	faint.gif
Views:	10
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	464518
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Well, you may be a bad punster

But in general I agree, give teachers some authority and a chance to undo the damage some parents have done.
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                      X