Mock The Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock The Week

Welcome to Mock The Week, I'm totally not Dara 'Briain.

Since I know there are at least a handful on here who watch, or are at least aware of, MTW, let's see how a forum-based version works out

Standard forum rules apply, so nothing that would have made it onto a Too Hot For TV DVD please

Our first round is called 'If this is the answer, what is the question?'. I will give an answer and the idea is to guess what the question being asked could be. So come back at me with some improvised comedy

The answer is: 3 million.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Mock The Week

How many barrels of oil BP's spilled in the ocean.... on day one.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

How many minutes it takes for reply notification emails to get picked up by my BlackBerry
      Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

What SPAM score does Sophos PureMessage give to any emails from McAfee, Kaspersky or Symantec?

How many emails do I get in a week from Microsoft?
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

What is my day rate (in )?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

How long is the average queue in the Post Office?
            Gareth Howells

Comment

<bofh>How many volts should be applied to the chairs of lusers who forget their passwords on a weekly basis?</bofh>
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I'm confused, are you applying aforementioned volts on a weekly basis (the right answer) or are they forgetting their passwords on a weekly bases (the dumb answer)?

<bofh>How many bosses have Simon and Steven got through since it all started in 1995</bofh>
                Gareth Howells

Comment

How meny tests you have to sit for the next MS cert.

Wofen
                  Good to be back....

Comment

What is two million, nine hundred and ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and fifty-eight more numbers than you really need?
                    Wesley David
                    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                    -------------------------------
                    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

What is the version of Windows that got it all right the first time?
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

What is the amount of RAM, in GB, that is required to make Vista rum properly, as it was intended to run?
                        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

The question I was looking for was: how mant service outages did Google have last year. At the end of that round the points go to Wesley and Daniel *.

The next answer is: 12%

* as with the real MTW, there are no points and no winners, Dara just does it to confuse the studio audience
                          Gareth Howells

Comment

What percentage of (l)users are capable of organising a p**s up in a brewery
                            Tom Jones
                            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

Comment

What percentage of Windows ME worked on a good day?
                              What percentage of my patience for users remains by the average lunchtime?
                              What is the likelihood, multiplied by 12, of Symantec meeting the callback time they gace me yesterday?
                              sigpic
                              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X