Isihac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isihac

Specially for Gareth and any R4 listeners of a certain age and wierd sense of humour

ISIHAC will need no introduction, so how about Petri's version of.....
    "Mornington Crescent"

Classic (1937) rules, so no double interchanges and definitely NO huffing.

I'll start with.... Elephant and Castle
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Isihac

Would love to play to the 1937 map too, but it's a bit of a bugger trying to read it. Unless there are any objections, shall we stick to the current map?

Unfortunately my copy of NF Stovold's Mornington Crescent: Rules and Origins is on back order from Amazon, so apologies in advance if I play an illegal move...

I'll see your Elephant and Castle and raise you a Farringdon.

Since we're not allowing more than one change per journey, I'm assuming that works, since you'd have to change at Moorgate and Euston to get to Mornington Crescent. Naturally I'm also assuming I've got my head around the rules correctly

Why doesn't my Tube Map BlackBerry app have a Mornington Crescent mode?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I did say 1937 rules, not map!

Yes, current map is fine, although not being able to fork the Bakerloo line does cramp things a bit.

OK... Faringdon...... hmmm..... quick reverse and a change and... HOLLAND PARK
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Remind me... once a station's been visited, we can't stop there again can we.

Shepherd's Bush Market.

I refuse to believe that of all the Brit members, there's only 2 of us who listen to R4...
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Concur!
          I'll give 24 hours for someone else to have a go

Shepherd's Bush Market -- is that the one at the top of the middle exit from Platform 3?

Meanwhile, could we have some guests for the Sysadmin's Ball?
          Tom Jones
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

Comment

Never been there so I don't know what platforms it has just know that it's on the Circle and Hammersmith lines.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post

I refuse to believe that of all the Brit members, there's only 2 of us who listen to R4...

don't listen to radio :P (I assume r4 is radio4 or something ?)

I don't understand....
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

BBC Radio 4. Of which Brian Perkins is the daddy.

BBC Radio 4. Formulated and controlled by Laboratoire Garnier, Paris.

BBC Radio 4. Charlotte Green is woman, hear her roar.

BBC Radio 4. And the crowd say Bo Selecta.

Etc etc. A key part of your education should be listening to Dead Ringers from back before it moved to TV.

But then, I also think that if only one could type in Jimmy Saville's accent, the British citizenship test would need to include the question "Do you like the music of Showaddywaddy?"
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Fascinating thread. I have no idea what you gents are talikng about (me being a yank and all), but it sounds fun.

Would it be out of place for me to say that I enjoy "the Mighty Boosh" and also "Garth Marenghi's Dark Place"?

Comment

Doctor Who and the spinoffs, Hustle, Top Gear, Being Human, Jekyll, Primeval and Robin Hood.

Comment

Well, in the absence of anyone else, I guess its my move.

Only possible counter has to be.... Parson's Green
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

I see your logic there - go to a station with references to Radio 4

Kensington Olympia... don't think you can get to the Crescent from there, but I can't find my glasses today
                        Gareth Howells

Comment

ooh... a terminus station AND a restricted service....
                          Well, since you didn't change LINE (may have changed train ), I think that means I can use the escalator exchange at Monument to Bank and....

LONDON BRIDGE

"wot, sarf of the river at this time, guv? You're 'aving a larf!"
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

Uhh... Hoxton?

Since I can't remember what's the latest with the Thameslink route, plus I'm not sure if the 1937 rules let you jump between mainline stations.

We must head down to London at some point and play the game for real in between Monopoly pub crawls.
                            Gareth Howells

Comment

OK, I thought we were sticking to the Tube, but overground is OK....

Only possible counter is Gospel Oak

(living dangerously there, but I think its just safe)

sounds a damn good idea
                              Tom Jones
                              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                              IT Trainer / Consultant
                              Ossian Ltd
                              Scotland

Comment

Working...
                              X